Just a Re-Commission

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects Just a Re-Commission

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Mikeonabike
    Participant

After taking the KZ to have some new downpipes made and quoted £220 I set about making my own, Four 90o exhaust sections from my local motor factors were obtained,some large washers turned down and welded to go at the engine end then held in place with a couple of XJ600 flanges I had laying around. Total cost £40 job done (I will post some pics when I get some short megaphones fitted.

AERIAL0
    Participant

Look forward to seeing the final job.

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Nice AERIAL0,Just plan to re-commission this one, If I like it I will keep it and use it in all weather,From what I have read the engine is very smooth and characterless which is not what I am after so I may have a play around with it while it is out, Maybe up the compression and alter the cam timing to make it more aggressive at lower revs (But then again I may not) 😉

Michael
    Participant

Characterless engine ?
    Are you sure ?

That’s easy to cure:
    Just remove the counter weights from the engine, run it with downpipes only and
    http://www.mikuni-topham.de/ENGLISHSITE/ENGLISH/Frame_English.html

MIKUNI TM34-B120 CARBURETOR KIT for
    KAWASAKI Z750 TWIN

– MIKUNI Flatslide TM34 Carburetor
    ( pre-jetted for velocity stacks or K&N filters )
    – Choke operation on carb body
    – Fits original Kawasaki Z750LTD intake rubbers (34mm)

How many miles have you ridden on a Z750Twin ?

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Looking nice and shinny back from the coaters.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Mike,

that looks good !

Cheers, Michael

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Now has engine, Messed up a calliper seal last night, took out the piston and the calliper was full of gunge so I poured some petrol in to soak overnight but in such a hurry (it was nearly time for bed)forgot to take out the main seal!! Well anyway its big enough to use as a back tyre now!!! Just ordered a new on from e-bay £3.50 delivered so not so bad.

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Swing arm, Steering, Battery box and Electrics.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Mike,

you are working fast.
    A lot of small bits and pieces mounted as well.
    Good progress !

Cheers, Michael

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    It’s the small bits that take the time + I am cleaning up things before I fit them.

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Few more parts fitted, time for a good tidy up now!!

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Spectator slowed me down today!!

Mikeonabike
    Participant

We now have wheels!, had to wait a while for a friend to arrive, Impossible for me to get it off the bench on my own.

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Looks much better now it’s on its wheels, had a tidy up as well, Only big job left is exhausts, I have bought some shorty megaphones which I think will look ok swept up, certainly sound good!! Have to get on with another bike (moped mayhem on the 30th) now then away on business in the new year so unless the wife finishes it off for me its not going to be on the road until March.

Mikeonabike
    Participant

I knew I had this pair of silencers somewhere, They are off a Yamaha TRX850, I bought them in 09 for spares as they were for next to nothing and I had a TDM850 at the time which they would fit.
    Just tried them against the KZ and don’t look to bad ( I know some of you will be against not standard parts!!) Should give a nice quiet but deep tone.
    I will use them for touring so as not to offend foreign police! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this