Just a Re-Commission

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects Just a Re-Commission

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Mikeonabike
    Participant

Hi Guys, I had a bit of a ride today with the new 17t front sprocket it a big improvement bring the revs down by about 500rpm at 60mph.
    Not sure now if I should get a 38t on the back then I have an option of going to an 18t on the front.
    Anyway I made a small video while I was out, Got the 0-60 down to 6.75.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well Mikeonabike I love the vid. Great roads. Where is that?

You’ve a great looking B there but I do think you are short of a grab rail which I just happen to have lol.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Mike,

thank you for the video !

Bike is running good, so there is only the individual stuff left 😉

Exhaust, transmission ratio, etc.

Well done !

Cheers, Michael

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Hi kaptainkwak
    These roads are around where I live in North Yorkshire, From my house without traveling on main roads I can ride the NorthYorks moors, Pennines from where I can get to Lancashire, Lake District, Manchester and going the other way through Durham and Northumberland it is exactly 100 miles to the Scottish border all without nothing more than crossing main roads.
    My favourite route is to Whitby which takes about 1.30 using roads which are not even on the maps!
    Now you know why my favourite bike is my CD175.

Mikeonabike
    Participant

The pic at Applecross is just North of Sky, I did the round trip back home it in under 24hours 838 miles.
    The Red CB175 is another of my bikes, That pic was taken when a friend and I rode to Spain 2200mile round trip in 10 days.
    I bought the KZ to do a trip to Romania but I don’t think I can face it, looks like I will be using my CX500 for that.

lonesome
    Participant

Star stuff mate, properly impressive, I might take a look at those Skye roads myself I hope. Love those little CB175’s, but a plastic maggot??? 😆

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Cant get any photos into the gallery, this is just to prove I am riding the KZ (even if it is slowly)

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Well the summer has gone, Tank drained and gone into the attic, Carb drain screws removed, Battery removed, Oil changed, Squirted with a can of WD40, Covered up behind shed with a plastic sheet, Bike cover and a load of wood for camouflage!!
    2000mls done and no problems, much better bike with a 18t sprocket on the front but I think I will have to get the CX500 out next year.
    Probably get the KZ out in Ten years or so and you will see it on E-Bay as a rusty barn find.:(

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this