Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko

The most commonly available complete gasket sets are Athena and these can be purchased for around £50 plus postage from ebay.. However some folk do not like the Athena head gasket. Our twins have a known issue of the head gasket leaking oil at the middle front. One possible cause of this is the head retaining studs stretching. High tensile studs would eliminate this. One of our members has had several sets made which we could supply you.

I can also supply you with NEW standard size pistons (genuine Kawasaki) and standard size rings (aftermarket). Please let me know if any of this is of interest and I will sort out a price for you.

Cheers

KK

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

I prefer the VESRAH gasket sets. Not always easy to get, around 80,- Euros and pay attention to order the one for the LTD, not the B ones. It is about different gaskets of these models.
    I don’t use the Athena stuff.
    In the last time a no-namegasket-set shows up in the market. Haven’t tested it, but had it in my hands. Well, looks good.

Pistons and rings are available from Scheuerlein in Germany if you can’t find them elsewhere:
    https://www.scheuerlein-motorentechnik.de/motorrad/kawasaki/700-799-ccm/z750-modelle/z750-bykltd-twin/?p=1

Cheers,
    Michael

Marko
    Participant

Hi guys,

thanks to both of you!

I will have to speak to my mechanic first, but I think that we’ll need a bit larger pistons. Thanks Michael for the link, I will check if we can get them here first.

KK, I am interested in the high tensile studs kit, could you please send the price and method of payment (I can pay with PayPal)?

Cheers, Marko

Marko
    Participant
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It looks good to me Marko.

Check the bores carefully as oversize pistons and rings are very hard to find and usually very expensive. Like i say i do have standard ones in my stock.

I will have to check on the price of the studs and will let you know

Marko
    Participant

Hi KK,

we will check again if oversized pistons are really necessary, in case we’ll need standard ones I’ll let you know.

I do not understand much German, but I assumed that oversized pistons in various sizes (+0.25, +0.50,…).are available in the shop that Michael posted above (Scheuerlein).

Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko.

To view the site Michael posted I copy the link and paste it into Google chrome. This has a language translator built in. Not perfect but also not far off.

I can supply standard much cheaper than those on that site so fingers crossed.

Can you private message me your address please in a so I can get price for postage for the studs.

Cheers

KK

Marko
    Participant

Thanks KK, I sent you a private message. In addtition, we decided that we’ll use standard size psitons, so I am looking for a set of those.

Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko

That is great news you can remain with standard pistons and rings.

I have replied to your message.

Cheers

KK

Marko
    Participant

A couple of progress photos – hopefully everything comes together again!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It always brings a tear to my eye when I see a twin in pieces ha ha.

She is looking very tidy and soon I am sure she will be well again.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Your parts are on their way . . .

Marko
    Participant

Hi guys!
    Finally, the bike is registered and on the road again! This weekend I was on a 250 km trip, and made it safely home. There are still a couple of issues to be addressed, first is the starter clutch: starter works fine, but the clutch is slipping. Still, I was able to start it with starter almost every time. Second issue is the petcock valve, which caused me some problems because is not working properly. I need a replacement as soon as possible.

Other than that, everything seems OK. Engine runs much better, also fuel consumption is lower and there is virtually no smell from the exhausts – good news for colleagues riding behind me. I can also give you an early review of the tyres: The tyres are Maxxis Promax, after this trip I can only say good things about them. I couldn’t tell any difference compared to the Bridgestone, even in the rain (almost half of the trip it was raining or at least the road was wet). For the price they seems to be really good buy.

So much for now, I will try to take some better photos, for now only a couple taken with a phone.

Cheers, Marko

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Marko.
    Marko
    Participant

Hello!

Few photos from yesterday’s ride. I found a newly paved road with lots of turns and a lot of fun!

Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Great pictures Marko. It is good to see her running again. Have you fixed your problems OK?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this