Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

did you had the chance to check if tubetype or tubeless can be fitted?

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Hi Michael,

tubeless can be fitted, and I had to order the tires from Germany, because there arent’t any in Slovenia! They should arrive in 3-5 days.

Marko

Marko
    Participant

Today we had a great weather, so I had a chance to test the new tires. They are really great, so thanks again for the advice!
    It was also my first longer ride (200 km), and I was quite surprised how well the bike handles.

Here are some pics:

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

good to hear that and to see the pictures.

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Great News Marko. Good to see your finally on the road and enjoying the twin. Great pics too thank you.

Ride Safe

KK

Marko
    Participant

Thanks for good wishes 🙂

I have (another) newbie question: when the bike was at the service, the mechanic put too much oil in. I was driving the bike only for a few kilometers with too much oil in, and then when I noticed, I let the excess oil out. Do you think it would be better to change the oil now or not?

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

you can leave the correct amount of oil in the engine 😉
    Nothing bad happened to the oil.
    Even the oil that you have drained could be re-used.

There is a sight glass in the clutch cover. When the bike is upright (not on side stand!!!) correct=upper oil level is marked with a line on the cover at the upper end of that glass.
    Low level is marked with a line at the lower end of the glass.
    Difference from upper to lower level is approx. 1 liter.

Total amount of oil in the engine should be around 4 liters.

… and don’t forget to kick the mechanic’s back and get some money back, if he had charged you for more than 4 liters of oil !
    😉

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

here a picture that shows the standard oil level when the bike is upright.

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Thank you Michael,

oil is now at the right level. I will change it by myself next time, which oil would you recommend?

Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

except from the cheap 10W-40 or 15W-40 mineral oil (no synthetic), which is working ok we have good experience with 20W-50 rated oil.

The engine seems to run a little bit smoother and oil consumption is lower as with 10W-40 or 15W-40.

Maybe that is not the best choice if you want to ride during very cold days at minus 10°C in winter, but during spring, summer and autumn it is fine.

Make/brand of the oil is not important.
    Clutch and sealings favourite is mineral, no synthetic oil.
    In Germany one liter of 20W-50 oil cost from approx. 5 to 6 Euros/liter (and more, of course), if you buy a 4 or 5 liter canister.

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Hi guys,

here are some new photos. For the winter, I moved the bike to my parents house, which is close to the sea. I made my (probably) last ride for this year to Croatia, it was a beautiful autumn day. Please try to ignore my shiny helmet!
    On the last three photos you can see a bike after a polish (of the gas tank mostly) and getting ready for the winter.

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

thanks for the pictures.
    Great day at the sea 😉
    Nice clean bike.

Cheers,
    Michael

dougyt
    Participant

Great pics, thanks for sharing Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Your bike looks amazing and the scenery is excellent.

Cheers Marko for sharing with us.

Marko
    Participant

Hello,

I just got a new seat today and I quite like how it turned out. I didn’t want any radical changes in comparison to original, only a bit flatter form overall.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this