Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 12 posts - 196 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Marko
    Participant

Thanks KK!

I haven’t fix the starter clutch yet and I am not sure what has gone wrong with petcock valve, it worked fine before the “restoration”. At the moment, the fuel is not passing through when the valve is at “ON”, so when the engine is running, I have to put the valve at “PRI”. Is it possible that we connected the pipes wrongly or something?

Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The petcock is vacuum operated. When the tap is set to ON or RES and the engine is running a vacuum is created by the carbs via pipes from the petcock which opens a diaphragm and lets the fuel flow. When the petcock is in PRI position this bypasses the need for the vacuum.

It is my thoughts the vacuum pipes have not been correctly installed. There appears to be 2 different ways of these being fitted. On the CSR model each carb is connected to 2 legs of a ‘T’ fitting. The 3rd leg is then connected to the petcock. The Y LTD model is connevted differently which Michael described in another thread recently. I will try to find a link. I am not sure which way the S LTD model should be but probably either would work.

Cheers

KK

Marko
    Participant

I will check the connections over the weekend, maybe I will find the solution. I suppose there is also a possibility that the petcock is not functioning properly anymore.

Cheers, Marko

Marko
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say hi after a long time! I hope you are all well and healthy.

My Twin is still running well, just needs some attention from time to time. In the meanwhile, I bought another Twin – well kind of, it is BMW F800R. I use it mostly for daily commute to work , not a bad bike to be honest.

Cheers and stay healthy!

Marko

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Marko.
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko

I can only really speak for myself but I am well thank you and hope you are too.

Not too much has changed since your last visit but I have added a shop which I am trying to expand daily.

It’s good to hear she’s still running well and to see you are preserving your twin.

Cheers

KK

Marko
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say hi after a long time! I hope you are all well and healthy.

My Twin is still running well, just needs some attention from time to time. In the meanwhile, I bought another twin – well kind of, it is BMW F800R. I use it mostly for daily commute to work , not a bad bike to be honest. Here is a summer photo of my only longer trip in 2020 to Croatia, makes me feel warmer in these cold days.

Cheers,

Marko

Marko
    Participant

Hello,

first sorry for triple post above, I do not know how that happened.

I am posting a couple of fresh picture of my twin. As you may have noticed, the handlebars are new – a bit wider and higher, feels more like a cruiser now and that was the intention. Had to change the clutch cable because of that for a longer one. Also, I had to re-chrome the rear mudguard because of surface rust, it turned out quite nice. Next is the fuel tank, it has some bruises and some rust, I need to check with the local expert if it can be preserved somehow or it would be better to repaint it.

The bike was standing in the garage for almost two years now and it is not registered at the moment, still runs great and I plan to put it on the road  again soon.

Cheers,

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko and welcome back. Your twin is still looking great. I changed the handlebars on my CSR for the B type. Far more comfortable and easier to ride now.

BTW I’ve deleted 2 of the repeated posts above

Cheers

KK

Marko
    Participant

After 2 years (and 10 days) my twin passed the MOT equivalent and is registered again!
    Rode the bike for good 100 km today, I am a happy man 🙂

Here is at the front of the registration office, with fresh licence plate.

Cheers,

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is a great result for you there Marco and also a great day.

Still think you need a pillion rail though . . .

Marko
    Participant

Thanks KK! I kinda agree with you that pillion rail would look good on the bike with current look, but my plan is to make it a bit more in (very mild) chopper style, and I’m thinking about different more narrow and lower seat, especially on the back. So I suppose pillion rail would then look odd.

Cheers, Marko

Marko
    Participant

Hello,

after much consideration, I have decided it is time to sell my bike. I have hardly driven it in the last three years and I think it’s a shame that it’s just sitting there. I have other commitments foreseen in the next year and will have even less time. I also thought about putting it in a shed and leaving it there , but I think that’s a bad choice – or maybe not?

I know that Slovenia is quite a long way away, but it would mean a lot to me if someone who is a true enthusiast would buy the bike and take care of it, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Cheers, Marko

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Marko.
Viewing 12 posts - 196 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this