nearly ready

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

You may think about a Parallelogram construction to find best matching setup ?

The force of the shock absorbers is pushed straight forward to main frame.
    No tube in between that may be bent by the forces.

The shown frame is “far” away from that and in the end unusable anymore.
    German TÃœV would never accept it that way.

Cheers, Michael

philpassingham
    Participant

using the stock top mount and longer shockers

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That’s great information Michael and does not apply in the UK. Thank You. Try to keep the shocks parallel with the frame member Philpass, don’t make them too long or they won’t work properly resulting in a hard ride and maybe even bending the shocks.

philpassingham
    Participant

anyone seen my motivation,cant find it anywhere ffs

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I think I have a spare one in my garage you can borrow 😆

Had a chat last night n my feelings are you have an issue with your back end (have you seen the size of him?). Philpass as you told me last night each direction so far has been a cul de sac for you. Decide which path to follow starting with swinging arm. Once you have decided this we can see what help we can give. I can help supply a complete CSR style back end including wheel.

Lets throw it over to the forum for ideas and opinions.

philpassingham
    Participant

onwards and upwards,motivation has returned,cheers kk,will sort photos when progress has been achieved

philpassingham
    Participant

got a fantastic deal on some parts,16″ rear wheel with all gubbins intact,later front wheel,kawasaki 38mm forks off a random model,now stripped for new seals,suzuki gs calipers adapted to fit the forks,30mm thick alloy top yoke,18″ high bars,suzuki rear caliper all in decent condition all for the extortionate cost of,wait for it,,,,,, a tenner ffs,life is good,decent spoked wheels anybody?

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this