registering my bike

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports registering my bike

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    kaye
    Participant

Got something similar, Numax GEL Battery, i was told it would do the job… hopefully.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kaye,

as long as it is one of the modern, “closed” batteries, it will be much better than the old, “open” battery types 😉

Good luck !
    Cheers, Michael

kaye
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    Yes it it one of the modern sealed Battery,hopefully all will be well!
    thanks Regards, Kaye.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kaye,

if you are going to prepare your bike for the winter, best thing you can do is to drain the float bowls.
    That will avoid the fuel to evaporate and to leave a sticky film/residue in the jets and the float mechanism.

Cheers, Michael

kaye
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    I will drain the carbs once the weather gets really cold but i’m still using my bike at the moment, and the new uprated Battery works fantastic..rgds Kaye

Michael
    Participant

You’re a lucky lady, Kaye !

We have approx. +2 to 3°C at night and +8 to 10 °C during the day since one week.
    No good temps to ride a bike !
    But it is still dry, no rain during the days.
    At night we have massive condensation at everything standing outside a building.

Have started to protect our new olive tree against freezing temps (hope it will not die below -10°C) and prepared the exterior of our house with christmas illumination (energy saving LEDs, of course 😉

Cheers, Michael

kaye
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    We have had lot’s of rain, and fog lately but i drive a van all day so i’m toasty warm, until i have to unload…i’m going to get my christmas light out soon and make my Boat twinkle 🙂
    anyway,I have ordered led headlamp and tail lamp bulbs, since you can’t turn the lights off to save power.
    Rgds Kaye

kaye
    Participant

Probably Going to break this bike up as spares in the spring, i have lost the will live to with it i can’t get it started from cold it just won’t have it 🙁

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

NOOOOOOOO

it can only be settings. I’ve just started mine after leaving it standing for probably 3+ months.

kaye
    Participant

Thanks for the reply kk, it is back in my friends workshop now, as for settings i’m clueless it’s probably carburetors but i’m not sure, anyway it can stay there until i get a dose of enthusiasm whenever that will be…..shame it run so well when the weather was warmer! cheers K

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It looks like your running with standard carbs and pods. Have they been rejetted? Also what spark plugs are you using?

I’ve sent you a PM

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kaye,

such a nice bike should not end in parts !
    Good to know it is in the workshop now.
    If the guy has any questions I am sure KK and me will help with information as good as we can 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Very true words Michael.

Just finished speaking to Kaye. She is running GPZ500 carbs. I am checking I have what she needs to put standard carbs on it. I think CSR carbs will go straight on a K model. I have airbox too.

Michael can you remember what one of your members used for the carb to airbox connection?

Michael
    Participant

Hi Andy,

you will find the details and latest information on the german Z750Twin website in the forum:
    http://www.z750twin.de/zforum/showthread.php?tid=1021&page=5

I would offer to swap a set of LTD carbs vs the GPZ500 ones 😉
    Have several LTD airboxes available.

Have to wait for my new sand blasting unit and the carbs will look like new 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Maybe that’s the way forward for Kaye. I am sure we can sort something between us. I also have 2 maybe 3 sets of GPZ500 carbs but one way or another we will all be happy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this