Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

that are brilliant news !!!

We can offer you to stay the night 12./13. at our home, sleeping in a regular bed and same for going back.
    We intend to stay until Monday in Belgium, so your bed is available the night 16./17. again.

We are still thinking about using the car and a trailer to go to Belgium. In that case I can offer to transport your bike in the trailer and you in the car, of course 🙂
    If you like riding your bike, we may transport your luggage.

Legal speed with that trailer is 100 km/h, top speed in Germany will be 113 km/h on the motorway / Autobahn.

What do you think ?

Cheers, Michael

PS: Riding all the way will give you a very good chance to win a price !
    The farthest approach
    (german: Weiteste Anfahrt)

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko

I sit here amazed. You are coming to Belgium? Toeknee is coming too and was probably up for farthest travelled but he could not compete with your journey and would gladly concede that award to you. I am also excited about seeing an S1 twin 😀

Tango
    Participant

:pint: :pint: Wow Marko that would be some trip! It would work out just under 2000km (That’s about 1420 Miles) Each Way!! :pint: :pint:

I wish you all the Best of Everything going your way so that you can make it! 😉

Marko
    Participant

Hi guys,

i’m glad that you are as excited as me to meet in Belgium!

Michael,
    I will gladly accept your offer to stay the night 12/13, I’m not yet sure about the return trip, but I will decide at the meeting.
    I would prefer to go by bike all the way, and speed of 100 km/h on highway suits me very well, so we can travel together. Maybe I will need to stop at the gas stations more often, the fuel tank is really small…

And about the farthest travel: Google maps calculated exactly 1077 km each way (I don’t know where Tango found 2000km ;-)), so if you have anyone from Scotland, he/she can still beat me!

Cheers,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Good news indeed Marko. Toeknee is from Glasgow in Scotland so will be making a long trip. Who knows yet with mileage as we are doing a good few miles on a ferry. Does that count? Also he is not riding a twin so even if he does more miles (which I doubt) he probably won’t get that trophy.

I think Tango meant both ways not each way. Even so it is a great distance to travel. Thanks to Michael for making your trip easier, a very kind offer.

See you all in Belgium guys.

Marko
    Participant

I see, both ways will really make about 2000 km, and that will be for me by far the longest trip on a bike. I did some 500 km in a day, but not yet with a Twin.

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Still with the greatest respect Marko. I have updated the meeting attendees list to include you now so no backing out

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

trophys are for Z750Twin riders only 🙂
    Distance on ferries, trailers, etc. does not count !

Marko,
    my adress and contact details should be send by PM, but that function is not working with me in the moment.
    May send these information to KK and he can pass it on to you 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Thanks Michael,

you can also send it to my e-mail, should be seen in my profile.

Actually, I was in Muenchen today, and it took only 45 minutes to get there! Well, by plane obviously, and I was just passing through to Madrid, which is where I am now. I was hoping for some warm weather, but it is very windy and not so warm 🙁

Cheers,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I totally agree with that Michael so over to you Marko I think. Can you not send pm’s to other members either Michael? I will get Dougyt onto it later

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I totally agree with that Michael so over to you Marko I think. Can you not send pm’s to other members either Michael? I will get Dougyt onto it later

Marko
    Participant

Hi guys,

I need to share one very serious issue about my bike with you:
    I see that some of you named your bikes, so I thought I should do the same. First of all, I saw that in English speaking countries you refer to bikes as “she”, but in Slovenia bikes are “male”, so it must be a man’s name.

After some serious thinking (and also after a few drinks to be honest), I came up with a name: it is GEORGE (or JURE in Slovene). And now the explanation: perhaps you know the story of a turtle named Lonesome George, who was the last of the last known individual of the subspecies of some turtle species. So I thought it would be the perfect name for my bike, which also seems to be one of the last remaining. If you are interested, here is a bit more about Lonesome George: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonesome_George

So that’s done, hope you will have the chance to see George in person 🙂

Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

nice story, matching name 😉

Go for George, the english version of the name. The slovenian version Jure allows some bad misinterpretation, at least in german language.

Welcome GEORGE !

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

After reading that sad story George it is for me too. Hi George.

Mine does not have a name as such she is simply know. As my The Bitch because she does what she wants when she wants and that is not always the same as I want

Tango
    Participant

Nice Marko, George it is! I like it!

My Bike is a she … As she is a Cantankerous Old Girl! Named Pearl … after the metallic paint & Michael has Classed her as a “Zmuggler” as she is a Kawasaki Z & has Space to Smuggle goods behind the Fake air box I adapted! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this