Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

it is below / under the left hand side of swing arm.
    Quite close to swingarm bearing tube.
    There must be an “ear” existing.

You can see it in the attached picture. Only front part of swing arm shown !
    Lower chain guide not mounted.

Picture shows the special chain “slider” I have done for the Dirtbike 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Thank you Michael for all the help!

Other than that, the bike is running fine, as mentioned I was on a meeting this weekend. I will post some pictures when I get them.

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

You’re welcome !

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I am pretty sure this is the complete item. If I remember properly the rubber is vulcanised to the steel bracket and not separate items. Kawasaki only list one part number and the number quoted is correct. Good find Marko. I have bought the other one 😀

Marko
    Participant

KK, that is good to hear!

But it I have checked the swing arm again, and the brachet that Michael indicated is broken off, so I will have to make a new one.

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’ve a swinging arm here that the bracket has departed from it because of rust. They can also get caught and bent so another thing to be careful of.

Marko
    Participant

Hi,

I got the part today and it is made only of rubber (no steel support). It is quite hard rubber, but it is flexible.
    Because I have to make new bracket on the swing arm, do you think that it should be the same length as this rubber, or maybe the bracket should be shorter to allow some flexibility (maybe half length)?

Thanks,
    Marko

Here is a picture of the rubber part:

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The bracket should run down the groove in the rubber and should be folded on both edges to stop it bending. I would suggest 1mm thick material or 1.5mm if you can bend it.

Marko
    Participant

Thanks KK, I hope that will be an easy job. I am not riding the bike at the moment because of this, so the repair must be done as soon as possible.

I promised some photos from MOTO VET meeting and here are some. I don’t have many of the bikes, we took photos of us mostly. The meeting was at the only motorbike camp in Slovenia, which is owned by a colleague veterinarian. It was a rainy weekend, but it was great anyway! We rode for about 250km that day, all the way to Croatia.

Cheers,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Cracking pictures Marko. Looks like you had a great time and George looks happy even though a little shy 😆 thanks for sharing them with us. The bracket should be quite simple to make and fit so you 2 can be reunited again. If you need a sketch I can do one for you

Marko
    Participant

A sketch would be helpful, so if it’s not too much trouble for you I would be happy to have it.

Thanks,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I will sort one for you Marko but will have to be this evening when i get home from work.

Marko
    Participant

That’s fine, I will start working on the bracket tomorrow.

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko
    My apologise. I got home quite late last night and didn’t get a chance to get to my garage. I will sort a sketch for you tonite.

Marko
    Participant

That’s OK, I really don’t want to trouble you too much. I found a photo of swing arm online, which I think will be very helpful aswell.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this