B1 Project Started.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects B1 Project Started.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Tango
    Participant

oh dont know what happend there it previewed ok?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Its a fault with the site Tango. DO NOT preview if pictures are uploaded!

Ive sorted your pic but you can do the smilies lol.

I can see an image there mate. Will be round to check you out soon.

Tango
    Participant

Phil can you help me if possible?

Can you remember what you changed on this bike? Was it just a new type of Regulator and Rectifier so they are seperate units now instead of one thing?
    I know it has a New Blade type fuse box now. Bike still has points and condencer fitted, So what was that in the packet? was it a electronic replacement for the points and condencer? If so can you remember what make it was?

Any Help you can give would be apreciated as im trying to work out where all the wires off that new loom go?

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

the good thing is that you have to remove every part to check it and afterwards you will have a nice B1 😉

I always wonder seeing a B with light alloy wheels. Here in Germany the Bs only have spoked wheels.

Was that a standard or kind of option to have the light alloy wheels ?

Cheers, Michael

philpassingham
    Participant

god your asking now lol,the wiring should have seperate regulator/rectifier,im not sure if you have the cdi from the 440.kk should be able to identify with luck

Tango
    Participant

Cheers Phil.

Hi Michael

This bike has had the Alloy conversion. You are correct in saying it should have the wire wheels.

If all goes to plan this Twin will be two bikes in one. I have the Cafe Racer look as in the above photo, But im setting the bike up so I can change to a more Touring friendly set up. Had a rough set up day yesterday, this is what I came up with.

Michael
    Participant

Oh wow !!!

Hi Tango,
    that is a remarkable progress !
    Starts looking like a bike ;-)))

The seat and the rear fairing look like the 1980 G-model from the USA. Are they?

Cheers,
    Michael

philpassingham
    Participant

rear wheel is off a z1000 i think

Tango
    Participant

Ha Ha this bike is going to be a right Hybrid?

Rear light isn’t even a Kawasaki part.

Michael I’m Not sure I believe the seat is a G model unit? But when I bought the Bike it came with 10 crates of Miscellaneous spare parts that by the looks of it had been collected over many years! I have 750 Carbs but I think my bike will end up with a set of GPZ500 carbs on it,that also came with the bike?

Tango
    Participant

Got the rear mudgaurd on now, It took a little bit of jigging here and there,but its on now!

Tango
    Participant

And a side view.

Tango
    Participant

Not a great deal done over the weekend, But checked a set of the carbs to make sure they are clean, not convinced they are the best set Ive got? but they will do for a test fire of the old girl!

Tango
    Participant

My God! I thought the carbs would be easy to fit back on the bike as there are only two units to get back into the inlet rubbers,and not a bank of four.
    After a fair few obscenities and a little help from the wife’s hair dryer (heated up the rubber to make it easier to flex) I managed to get them back on the bike.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Nice work Tango and keep the posts coming. I use washing up liquid and a piece of 3″ x 2″ 😀

Do you have a date in mind for the big fire up?

philpassingham
    Participant

3×2 is king,or as known locally,a wumpa or wumpa wood 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this