B1 Project Started.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects B1 Project Started.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Tango
    Participant

Riders View.

Tango-kawasaki-z750-dash

Tango
    Participant

So thats that, This has taken me just over 40 days to get her to this stage where id be happy to take her out, just some fine tuning to the running of her, and then Tax MOT & Insurance.
    Tango-kawasaki-z750

Tango
    Participant

Well Folks …. Looks like you will have to put up with my persistent project posting a little more!

Just as I thought id got it cracked!… She eludes me once more!

It got as close as putting fuel in her to see if I could get her to fire in her own right!

Alas Not to be! Its like all good stories Just as you think its coming to an end there’s another little twist!

Well this is a classic! As is the bike so it can only be expected I suppose!

I don’t think the Zmuggler is her name now? I think that’s her class!

Her Name is “The Red Pearl” Her Class is a “Zmuggler”

I say this because I can shorten her name to Pearl, which matches the Cantankerous Old Girl that causes havoc by being stubborn!that she is!

And Ive come to the conclusion that i’m not actually her owner,I’m her carer! 👿

Tango
    Participant

The problem was, When I was putting the fuel in the tank with the fuel tap in the “off” position! All the fuel was P”ssing out of the back of the carbs through the air pods!

So I think I have two problems! One is the tap! and the other is the Floats in the carb bowls are not shutting off!

So I will have to have a look that today!

Tango
    Participant

Ok Well I have got the bike all built up again, And there seems to be no fuel leak from anywhere?

I even got the bike to fire up for a few turns of the engine,But as far as I can tell she only seams to be running on one side? And then back fires through the carb and stalls?

Tango
    Participant

WooHoo!! Sussed the running on one problem! Not enough fuel was getting through to the carb,I had gone to much on the fuel shut off valve on one side of the carbs!Oh Well.. Oh Well you live and learn eh?

I have succeeded in getting the carbs sorted and the fuel tap has been replaced with the 2nd one that I had refurbished anyway.

All is good. 😎

After a bit of rough running I managed to play with the air screws a little and set the bike to ear,for now!

Here’s a link to a YouTube video, if you want to hear her on the GPZ500 carbs?

Pearl Lives

Tango
    Participant

Well I got everything put back in place And Everything is working as it should! I did do a another little video that I will get KK to put up in videos for me! I know I haven’t finished yet,But I must say a Very Big Thank You! to all on this forum for your support and invaluable info!

Thanks Guys, and Cheers to Michael as well off http://www.750twin.de Your site was a big inspiration to!

I took a compression test after I got the bike up to working temperature and Here’s the result. It was the same both sides! :pint:
    Tango-kawasaki-z750

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

She looks good mate and sounds even better. Well done mate in such a short time :pint: 😀 :pint: 😀 :pint:

Tango
    Participant

Cheers KK.

I have managed to sort my chaingaurd problem.

I have reshaped and re-drilled one I had in the garage, I think it was off an old GPX? to be honest I don’t care what it was off, As its on the Twin now! 😉

And although it is a little high? It looks the part,so im sticking with it! :pint:
    Tango-kawasaki-z750

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

absolutely a good job done !!!
    😀 😎 😀
    It is a pleasure to see the bike in this nice condition and to hear it running.

Have you used the standard jets from the GPZ500?

Cheers,
    Michael

Just back from Denmark, but had no time to visit the Wrenchmonkees 😉

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

He has not changed the jets from what was in the carbs. I think they were 134’s but can not say if that is standard for the GPZ500. The carbs will go straight on the CSR, LTD and K i think too as they are 34mm. If they are to be fitted to the B models and G then they would need CSR/LTD rubbers on the head or you can use Suzuki GS500 rubbers with a 10mm spacer at the head.

There is a better running link in the gallery forum

philpassingham
    Participant

ah,the old philpass research and development department is in full swing 😀

Tango
    Participant

What you up to now Phil?

I’m Sorry but your prototype shotgun exhaust was a step to far for me.

I still need to look at the Caf

philpassingham
    Participant

At the moment I’m exploring the world of yam triples, always wanted a trident but this is so much cheaper, look out for a yamaha hurricane 🙂

Tango
    Participant

Ok so I have finally got this Bloody Bike out from the back of my garage and Have started to look at what is needed to put it back in nearly one piece? 🙂 Ive found the foot rests, Fitted the new rear back brake switch to the full new wiring loom Phil had put on, Think ill get some reproduction left and right hand switch gear,and I think that would be All of the wiring New! then? Not sure where the bike is up to with the electronic ignition that was replacing the points set up? I’m going to need help with that? Ive also go a New ignition switch to fit. So once that’s on and Ive got her running, I shouldn’t have any electrical gremlins? Here’s a photo of the kind of look I think I will end up with?
    Tango-kawasaki-z750

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this