I’ve Started

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Thanks guys. The downpipes were discoloured before the slashcuts were fitted . You can see that in post 116 of this thread. They haven’t got any worse yet

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

And now . . . the new rear mudguard

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I am much happier with the longer mudguard. I will however be removing the reflector off the bottom of the number plate and painting the other reflector bracket black.

Tango
    Participant

looking Good mate.

All we have to do now is find a day we are both free to go for a ride and go over finals! 😉

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

looking good !
    Never saw the longer mudguard painted.
    Together with painted front mud guard and the short exhaust it is a different look 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Another new accessory . . .

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Michael

Yes the look is completely different. I have tried to give her that retro 70’s style which with mudguards painted I think it has worked.

A few cosmetic changes and technical improvements. I am very happy with how she has turned out.

She is a pleasure to ride and I do get a few looks and nice comments, hopefully the same in Belgium 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Spent another couple of hours tinkering in the garage tonight doing those odd bits. I’m nearly there now apart from a bit of cleaning. Hoping to do a biggish ride with Tango on Saturday. Anyone else fancy joining in?

Michael
    Participant

Yeah, I want to join that ride 🙂
    Just have to finish some electrical work, though 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Now that would be good Michael. It is such a shame we live so far apart as I am sure we would get out quite often if we were nearer but you never know . . .

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well that’s doors shut on bike mods. I had a couple of minor issues to deal with and they are now done. All I want to do know is bleed brakes and clutch then clean her. After that it’s pack and leave 😀 😀 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Just when you thought it was safe to put your tools away . . . ARRRRGGGGG! Went for a test run after reducing the vibrations. Camera works well now. Got home and as I was turning the bike round all the electrics went off. Straightened wheel n back on. Turned to left and off. I’m sure it’s either the ignition switch block connector (had trouble with it before) or where the main harness comes from under the tank n round the headstock. Either way round I could really do without it at this stage. Will be stripping the harness tonite

Tango
    Participant

Crack on Sparky

Hope you get it located quickly so you can sort it out mate!

Got all my gear packed today So its just clean the bike tomorrow, & load it Thursday morning!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Been in the garage 3 1/2 hours. Eventually found the problem and it is now fixed. It was the 6 pin connector for the ignition switch. 2 of the 4 wires had corroded but were still securely in place. I still have to put her back together but that will wait till tomorrow night. Hopefully I can persuade my boss to let me finish at dinnertime.

Tango
    Participant

Good Luck with the finish Pal.

At least you found it and managed to sort it out. 🙂

I wonder if your headlight problem was causing some of the buzz on your front? Hope its sorted now you have stiffened it up. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this