I’ve Started

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Taken a pair of CSR wheels in today for refurb. Stainless steel spokes, hub bead blast, new rim tape, new tubes and new BT45 tyres. Total cost is around £350. Ouch I hear you say. Ouch I also said but weighing it up it’s not a bad price for everything plus they will be ready for weekend so happy days there. Also took Tango’s back wheel in. £84 for a new BT45.

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

sounds very good.
    You will be happy to have spent that money.

Yeah, it costs some money, but I think it is worth every penny 🙂

I would be glad to effort the same things with my LTD Y1 spoked wheels, but can’t do it at the moment 🙁

Have fun !

Belgium, here we come !!!

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Had a phone call today when I was running round. My wheels are ready for collection. I will be getting them in the morning so more happy days and a very productive weekend so far.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Got my respoked wheels back this morning with new tyres. Oh Yes!!!

Can’t wait to get them fitted but won’t manage that today because it is Mothers Day so I have duties to fulfil first. Will try in the week after work.

Picked up oil today at a good price so happy days alround yet again 😀

Bolton440
    Participant

Saw the bike in the flesh the other day, sounds and looks awesome! Kaptain has done a great job on this bike. Seems so much bigger than my little girly 440 lol. Also it is very comfortable with the high bars on. After hearing and seeing the bike I have no doubt that my next purchase will be a 750 twin!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Thank you for your comments Bolton440. I haven’t managed to fit the wheels yet but I needed to nip out earlier so . . . . maiden voyage with the pipes. WOW I am very very pleased. She is not offensively loud but you can hear her coming lol. Pleasing result.

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

will you ride your bike with that exhaust system to our european meeting in Belgium ?
    I am keen on listening to that sound, to hear the “sweet music” ;-)))

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is a definite Michael. I could not do it any other way now

Michael
    Participant

Great !

Can’t wait looking at and listening to your bike !

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

🙂 I have to say it does sound good!

I put that new exhaust on my B1 the other day, ok it’s not as loud as yours. But riding the two bikes together should be quite a sound! 😉

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well a few more knock backs for me. Front wheel bearings were knackered on the respoked wheels as the spacer had not been fitted. The left hand fork leg has jammed and the left caliper piston is leaking. Oh the joy lol. I am trying to find out if I can use a CSR caliper. It looks the same but the part nos are different so I am not sure yet.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’ve been having a bit of a play. I want a longer rear mudguard because of the way the number plate looks the way round I have fitted it. Michael has found one for me and as we speak it is in transit. It is not the best from a cosmetic point of view and has had some welding done to it in the mounting area so I have had the thought of painting a set of mudguards. Here is the front one done

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It has come out well. I like it so decided to fit it and see how that looks. I am very happy with it and cannot wait for the rear one to arrive and get that one done as well

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

good job done and good looking 🙂

BTW: Where your downtubes heat coloured before or did they change colour since you run the “Slash Cuts” ?

Cheers, Michael

dougyt
    Participant

Nice job on the mudguard KK, it’s looking good.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this