I’ve Started

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Got a bit more done today. I have fitted a refurbed starter clutch very kindly carried out by Chrislwg. It works fine by hand and I am very optimistic when I start her up again.

I have also removed the External Shift Mechanism Cover and cleaned it thoroughly before replacing the 3 seals. That is also now refitted.

Next job will be to finish off the left hand side of the engine and then onto the right side as I found some wear on my clutch push rod.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Oh forgot to mention I did have a slight mishap today. When Tango turned up with his recently bought engine bars I tried the left one against mine and it looked perfect.

I then tried the right one only to hear screams of “KK YOUR SPILLING ENGINE OIL ON THE FLOOR” I forgot I had leant the bike to the right hand side while taking off the left side of the engine. Ah well, we live and learn . . .

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

My engineer also called today to take some measurements for my hydraulic clutch conversion. All I need now is an adapting spacer making. He is on the case 😀

Tango
    Participant

😆 Senior Moment

Lucky you had a Young Pup on hand to keep an eye on you. You can easily get distracted these days by shiny bits!
    😛

🙄

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I didn’t do anything yesterday. I was tied to housework then out in the evening to watch a Barbers Shop Chorus Cottontown Chorus. They did a Meatloaf medley and it was pretty awesome.

My engineer did turn up however for a 2nd fitting of my clutch. Very promising. He had made an adaptor and with a little fettling the clutch worked. He’s gone away now to finish off. Hopefully I will get the master cylinders finished today and the clutch should be complete by tonight or tomorrow.

Tango
    Participant

Nice one mate it sounds like that is coming on nicely

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Managed to get a bit more done today. I’ve removed the CSR forks etc, cleaned and greased the Headstock bearings and fitted the refurbed Y1 forks. Twin discs are fitted but I need to get some more screws as these are the fine thread ones. She is starting to look a bit like a bike again.

Tango
    Participant

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: You Broke your Camera?

Photos! We need Photos! 😕

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Bollox!

Ok Ok I will take some tomorrow

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Being between contracts I am using my time to do a full maintenance and refurb as needed.

Calipers are stripped and repainted

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

And the master cylinders are too (hydraulic clutch conversion don’t forget)

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The caliper rubbers have cleaned up well are in good working order. I have got refurb kits for the master cylinders

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I will be fitting Goodridge (Hel) lines to both the brakes and the clutch with a ridged section on the clutch leading round the crankcase cover from the master cylinder

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

that is looking very good !

Not sure about the lines, we call them “steel flex”. I suppose that are the same ones you will use.

Do you already have them ?
    Never use uncoated ones, always use “plastic” coated ones, maybe transparent coated. My last ones are dark anthrazite/carbon-color coated, looks nice as well 😉

The coating prevents the lines from dirt, can be cleaned easily, prevents from scratches and some “noise” when moving and touching other parts.

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

I like to move the top side of the master cylinders covers over a flat laying fine sand paper. (upside down).
    That will remove the black colour from the “raised” letters only, flattens their surface and let them show up in silver color again.
    Makes them look even more worthy :-)))
    Maybe you like that as well ?

Protect the edges of the covers when doing that, by accident they may touch the sand paper and get silver, too.

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this