I’ve Started

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The Luxumburg trip is not that far away now so I must get started doing the mods to my CSR.

I have bought a nice set of T bars for starters.

Today got NEW seals and have rebuilt the Y forks I bought from Michael. Tomorrow will be the calipers and these will give me the twin disc conversion though with new bars I will need to use straight reservoir master cylinder. I have one spare from a ZRX with matching clutch cylinder so hopefully these will work OK with the forks and the hydraulic clutch conversion I am doing, piston and casing are with my machinist as we speak.

I will post pics as things develop

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Just ordered a new petrol cap for my custom paint job tank. Now need to find a new fuel tap

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Went down to the garage again last night. Stripped off the exhaust, engine bars, caliper, mudguard and handle bars. She is looking quite naked now lol. I tried some of my potentially new goodies to see what the look like. I’m getting a bit excited now as to my new look but still not 100% sure as to which way it will finish up but we are still progressing.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Stripped a bit more off (horn, engine brackets etc) today. She is looking a little sad showing rust on most of the welds but nothing too serious. Ideally she needs a total strip to the fame but I don’t have time for that before Luxemburg so it will have to be a face lift for now. Gave her a good wash first

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It was still light so out came the Hamerite . . .

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Much tidier. Will give the paint time to harden then the restyling can commence. Them bars look Bad Ass hee hee

Tango
    Participant

Nice one Buddy.

Keep the photos coming have you got the bug now mate!

She is looking a tad exposed! lol

I Cant wait for the restyle!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Not to much done to the bike since painting but progress has still been made. Chrislwg has refurbished my starter clutch and it will be posted back to me tomorrow. My sprocket cover has been modified and a ZRX1200 clutch piston has been fitted to it. Have been to meet a new spares contact tonight. He is from the motorbike racing world and now spends his time refurbishing Kawasaki Zeds. I am using GPZ 750 master cylinders for the front brake and clutch so I picked up refurb kits from him. He supplies many bike parts and has been involved in getting the Japanese to start making some engine casings, exhausts etc again. He is shown an interest in our twins so who knows what will be next?

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

let the things go on !

What’s next with your new contact ?
    I have an issue we all may struggle into.
    There are no pistons and rings in 1st or 2nd oversize available anymore here in Germany.

A “big bore kit” with approx 850 ccm !
    Cylinder sleeve to replace the original one,
    standard combustion ratio of approx 8.7, otherwise the electric starter can’t handle that,
    matching cylinder head gasket and
    available oversize pistons and rings
    would make our day in the future 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Some very good questions there Michael. I can get hold of standard pistons but not rings. The 1st and 2nd oversize are much more difficult as you say. A big bore kit is worth looking into as well. It will probably take some time but should be worth the mileage

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Finally after 2 days of soaking I have managed to remove the old pistons from the GPZ master cylinders. This has confirmed that I do have the correct cylinder repair kits so happy days there. Clean up and respray next then assembly and fit to bike 🙂

Tango
    Participant

Now you see Without Photos
    I’m not sure if You have had to soak in a Hot Bath for two days before sorting out your GPZ Master Cylinders
    On Second Thoughts I Only think Bike related Rebuild/ Restoring photos should be allowed!!

Definitely Not KK and his Rubber Duck in the bath Photos!

dougyt
    Participant

It’s not a picture I want in my head. KK in the bath pics definitely banned, thanks Tango for alerting us to this depravity.

dougyt
    Participant

At least he has had a bath though, it was long overdue, and probably why it took 2 days.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You know me too well dougyt.

BTW have you chanced a bath yet? Be careful coz I’ve heard Greenpeace are very active in your area ATM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this