points / timing

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It points / timing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I would guess all wires in that area should be connected Beef but I am unsure which the green wire is. You have a B1 wiring harness on yours.

Can you tell us where the green wire comes from?

beef
    Participant

From the regulator..

Tango
    Participant

Can you add a photo?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

OK here goes Beef.

The B1/B2 Generator has 2 separate coil assemblies in it. The outer coil ring is the charging circuit. It has is 3 windings each with a Yellow wire. These wires go to the regulator which in turn goes to the battery.

The inner coil supplies electric direct to the wiring circuits when demand is high. This is the one that makes your lights brighten above a certain revs (1500ish upwards). It has 2 wires attached to it, 1 Brown and 1 Green. Both these wires connect to the Regulator via a 4 pin connector which also has 1 red wire (Neutral Light) and one Grey wire (Oil Pressure Switch).

From the 4 pin connector the Brown and Green wires go to the 3 pin connector of the Regulator. There is an additional Black wire at this plug which goes to the Earth circuit.

Check that out and see if it helps.

beef
    Participant

my regulator does not have a connector on it,

I will post a pic tomorrow when I get chance.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Does it have the 3 wires Green, Brown and Black?

beef
    Participant

have been out in the garage again. and the regulator has three wires, brown, green and black and all are connected.
    the green I thought was not connected was taped to them and exited the sheath so I thought it was from the reg. it is not. it is the rear indicators.

so from left side engine case I have three yellow wires. the got to a block and then to the rectifier. then a white to starter relay??
    and a black to battery positive terminal

[flash=,]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/beef1/z750/wiring2_zpsdf0cf0c2.jpg[/flash]

there is also a red, a green and a grey wire.

the red, to a pale green then off into main loom
    grey to blue/red then into main loom

the grey is from my oil pressure sensor I think.

[flash=,]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/beef1/z750/wiring5_zps7f67ec60.jpg[/flash]

there is a brown that goes to main loom and splits to regulator.
    a green to regulator
    regulator has also has a black which splits to starter relay and off into main loom.

[flash=,]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/beef1/z750/wiring3_zps57552567.jpg[/flash]

if I don’t get it sorted soon then its going………..

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Quote BEEF; so from left side engine case I have three yellow wires. the got to a block and then to the rectifier. then a white to starter relay??
    and a black to battery positive terminal

NO. The White should go to battery positive and the Black to Battery Negative.

The Black from the regulator should go to the Negative circuit NOT the starter relay.

You are correct the Grey wire is your Oil Pressure switch and the Red wire is your Neutral switch

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’ve just pinched this extract from Tango’s thread

beef
    Participant

Just been out and checked and I wrote it right.
    So they are back to front then…. will try tomorrow

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

beef
    Participant

I switched the wires around and still the same. But now I don’t get my warning lights on the speedo.

The black from the regulator is soldered to the other wires that goes to the starter selonoid. So that must of been how it was when then bike was running. As I ain’t touched it.

Am off tomorrow so it’s last chance saloon for this bike. If I can’t do it tomorrow then it will probably up for sale on Saturday. …

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I am getting a bit confused now Beef. I feel I need to see the bike and trace the wiring as some things seem to be non standard. The Black wire on the Starter Solenoid should be positive (when the starter button is pressed) and the Yellow/Red wire should be negative (constant).

I have recently (last night) run through this part of the circuit with Tango and this has been confirmed and cured his problem. If yours is wired differently, which it shouldn’t be, then I am at a bit of a loss and would need to see it.

Do not get despondent with her we can fix it with clear pictures.

If yours has been wired up wrongly then maybe something has blown. All parts of the circuit need to be tested until the problem is identified.

Michael
    Participant

beef’s bikes electric is not standard at all.
    See the glass fiber fairing were all the components are mounted.
    Even battery is turned.
    That electric is highly modified and a standard wiring plan with its colours wouldn’t work.
    Go and see this bike and bring a trailer with you, beef is going to sell it !

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The bike use to be mine Michael. It was a Y1. Some parts were missing and some were not LTD. I sold the bike to a mutual friend called Hoggy and he converted it to a Flat Tracker. I know he fitted a B1 Engine and from talking to him he fitted B1 electrics. As you can see he did move some parts around bur in principal it should electrically be wired and work as a B1.

The bike in post 1 on this link is Beefs Twin

It is a lovely bike and I would love to get it back but I fear Beef will want far more than I can afford plus I would rather get it working and have him a happy twin owner. The more twin owners the merrier

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this