points / timing

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It points / timing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Tango
    Participant

Beef Dont sell it mate!

I know it’s disheartening mate! I’ve been through it!
    Thought I’d cracked it and had a fully working bike!

But now it’s back in my garage in pieces with all it’s wiring hanging out!

But with the Help on here I know I will get it running again!

And when I do I’ll come up to yours and we can copy my wiring as it should in principal be the same with the same type of reg/rec as yours!

Has it ever run since you have had it?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Have we had any joy today Beef?

beef
    Participant

No joy today. New points and condenser ordered as per our phone call. Should have them by Thursday. …

Tango
    Participant

Has it ever run Beef?

beef
    Participant

Yeah.
    When I got it I had to spend some time re-jettin the carbs.
    But Did 750 mile breaking it in.
    It dies on the way back from the toy run in 2012. And I have been trying to sort it since. Few people looked at it and all said it was something different.
    But talking to KK yesterday and he said it sounded as though the condenser had failed.
    So a new one and points are on order and I should have them by mid week. So I might have it running next week end. …..

Tango
    Participant

I have some spares including points and condenders
    So If you need anything before yours arrive let me know?
    Maybe I could get some over to you a little quicker?

beef
    Participant

tango cheers for the offer, but I wont be able to work on it until next weekend anyway.

and to top it off my cx has started to go a bit loopy… all dash lights on at once and temp gauge going nuts when the lights are on. its a bad earth but need to take the fairing off to get to the wires properly,

beef
    Participant

tango cheers for the offer, but I wont be able to work on it until next weekend anyway.

and to top it off my cx has started to go a bit loopy… all dash lights on at once and temp gauge going nuts when the lights are on. its a bad earth but need to take the fairing off to get to the wires properly,

Tango
    Participant

Ok mate Good Luck.
    Im still plodding through my issues, But I’m getting there! 🙂

beef
    Participant

Still no progress on this as I have had no time and am waiting for z power to get a condensor and points for me

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You should have shouted Beef. I can get those (got some 2nd hand) and I have been in Zpower today so could have nagged Dave n Phil.

Tango
    Participant

Could be a good place for a test run of the bikes, this KK to drop off a spare set for Beef to try,. 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’m happy with that if Beef is

Tango
    Participant

So are you around on Saturday Beef?
    Or just message KK or Myself your address and we will even just post you one if your not available? 🙂

beef
    Participant

Spoke to z power today and they have not got and are struggling to get the condensor…. seen some on ebay but not sure if they are the right ones.

as for you guys coming over. I am working Saturday but off all next week.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this