Tango’s B1 update.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Tango’s B1 update.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Tango
    Participant

Well I took the bike over to KK’s for a spin.

The Bike is running quite well now, No Problems cutting out on roll off and she has quite a smooth pull through all the gears all the way up to legal Motorway speeds.
    🙂

I had my 1st ride in what I would call proper wet conditions! And I didn’t find any running problems in the wet either.

The Bike is still in what I would call Running in stage as I’ve only ridden about a 150 miles on her keeping her under 4000 Rpm, So about a 3rd of what I’m aiming for before letting her Rev up to about 6000 Rpm for another few Hundred miles. Everything should have settled in by then.

Here’s a couple of more up to date photos of what she looks like now with the more authentic “B” seat on it.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

it is a pleasure seeing your bike and to read, that everything is working well.

It is still so unusual for me, to see a B with cast wheels 😉

Most important thing to have a long and happy life with the Twins, is to warm up the motor carefully over the first 10 km / 6 miles at least.
    There is approx 4 liters of motoroil and approx 75 kg of steel and aluminium to be heated up to operating temperature !

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

dougyt
    Participant

Looking good Tango, glad you got her running right too.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

She is the Biz Tango. I must admit that she is the nicest sounding twin I have ever heard. I will need to get my finger out now ffs

Tango
    Participant

I am sat here with my phone & was just wondering if I can add photos straight off my phone?

Tango
    Participant

Ohhh now that’s handy! It worked as you can see,
    Just have to be careful on how the photo was taken (landscape or Portrate)?

Andy could you spin that one for me if you can.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Errr yes I can rotate it. That is something new i’ve learnt as well

philpassingham
    Participant

what you need is a large topbox to hide that rack,i know a nice man who has one

Tango
    Participant

😆 I know Why! did they make the rear luggage racks so Big!?

It will be Handy as a cloths maiden or something I suppose!? 😳

I’ve got a Cargo Monster Tail pack that will hide it for most of the trip. 🙂

philpassingham
    Participant

you can smuggle immigrunts on that

Michael
    Participant

Once upon a time …
    … when I was a motorbike mechanic in a Honda garage, a customer came to us with his, at that time, brand new CBR900RR “Fireblade” and claimed that there is something wrong with the bike. Bad steering and handling issues. ?!?!?

We had a look at the bike and found a very large topcase, about 50 to 60 liters volume. Ok, bad enough!

… but this one was completely filled up with books and papers and had a weight of more than 25 kg !!!
    Just removed the topcase and the bike was repaired 🙂

Tango,
    do not overload the rear rack or similar things will happen to you.
    Get heavy stuff as close as possible to “center of gravity”!
    Good place to move heavy items is the rear seat, not the rack.
    A “tank bag” will help to move some weight to the front wheel as well.

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

That’s a fine looking specimen on a loaded twin! 🙂

Yes Michael a very good Tip indeed!

My Panniers and Tent go on the back seat in front of the rear axle.

My Monster Tail pack only has light items such as clothes in 😉

My Tank bag carries all the stuff I need to hand. Visor wipes, Sun Hat for when I take my helmet off. Sun Glasses. My Camera. a bottle of water and a small First Aid Kit.

Michael
    Participant

ThanX, Tango 🙂

I typically use to carry some tools like the hammer, the anvil and some more with me and they go into the tank bag. I typically don’t need them but it gives me a good feeling to have them with me 😉

That causes a hard time at every fuel stop, but it improves the weight balance significantly 😉

That is approx 3h having fun riding vs. 5 minutes additional work during refueling. A good ratio, I think 😉

When can we go ?

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Now Now boys your just being silly. That is not allowed when I’m not around.

Ive found the handling improves if you put all your gear on the tank and sit backwards on the pillion seat 😛 :hammer: 👿 🙄

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Your right Tango. Keep as much of the weight in front of the rear axle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this