Tango’s B1 update.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Tango’s B1 update.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Tango
    Participant

Today I ran the bike back to KK’s
    I must again thank him for his precious and well juggled time! And Dougyt for his time spent helping over the phone!
    I have been having battery/charging problems!! (But I will leave that for the Fix It section!

What I did get done is fit some engine bars! Well once Andy found a shorter bolt!! 🙂

Tango
    Participant

Ok that photo is sideways but you get the idea! 🙄

Tango
    Participant

Well I think she is looking spot on! 🙂

Even with the Ugly tool roll on the front! (God I have taken some Grief off KK for this tool roll) 😳

But I say it is a sensible addition, because when I am fully loaded! There is no point having tools under the seat! I would have to unload the whole bike just to nip a loose nut! 😕

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

She is looking good mate and ready to ‘Rock n Roll’.

Belgium here we come 😀

dougyt
    Participant

Looks great Tango, just lose that tool roll and you’re good to go.

Tango
    Participant

:hammer: Order! Order!! :hammer:

Don’t you Start as Well! 😮

The Tool Roll is Staying for at least the duration of the Trip!

I have already found a situation where it will be handy having my tools available for a Roadside Fix! 🙂

I have had a problem with the Bike seeming to stall when it had warmed up! and I came to a stop at traffic lights or a junction! 😕

The Bike would only do it when it was being used. If I had it on the driveway at home it would Idle fine for as long as you would let it!

Tango
    Participant

😳 It was a Little inconvenient Stalling every time I came to a Stop! 😡 especially when I didn’t have my Electric start! and had to kick start her every time! 😮

The Problem is …. When I stop there is a Very Small amount of clutch drag when I have the clutch lever pulled in.
    It is hardly even noticeable,and I can hold the bike just with my feet on the floor! But its just enough to slow the engine enough to stall! 😕

So I now need to get my EASILY! accessible tools out of my easily accessible tool roll! and adjust the clutch, to eliminate yet another little problem.

Thus giving me another little bit of knowledge and a further understanding of the little qwerks
    that I can expect from this old Girl! That could be easily fixed at the road side. As Long as I can get to my tools! 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well I suppose it does have it’s uses but then again so will your stockings if the cars fan belt snaps

dougyt
    Participant

I’d have probably selected neutral rather than carry the tool roll, but that’s just me not wanting to look a tool 😉

Tango
    Participant

You two will be looking at nothing but sky if you carry on! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: 👿 👿

dougyt
    Participant

So did you ditch the too, roll yet Tango?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

NOOO Dougyt. The flood gates would open. Plus he would have nowhere to keep his clean knickers

Tango
    Participant

Had a Good ride today. 🙂

Went over to KKs and Had a run out.

We didn’t get as much riding as we were going to get done! But KK found a problem with his front end, the fork seals were leaking! So he swapped the whole front end over onto a spare set of forks he had! lol …. What other bike can you do that on? 😕 😆

Anyway we got out and rode about 50 miles on different kinds of roads, anything from Pot Holed single track Country roads to Motorways.

My Bike could maybe do with a slightly bigger main jet?

I did get up to Motorway running speed so I’m not worried about it for now. But we recon we got up to about 90mph but this was pushing the bike! I felt happy at about 65/70mph The wind Blast was acceptable at this speed to!
    😳

I think that my total mileage for the day was about 70 miles? and the last 15 miles were with the main lights on

My Battery is now reading 13.05 volts, So that to me is a good sign that I now have a working Charging system 🙂

So I am a Very Happy Man.

Tango
    Participant

Took a Photo of her while we were out, this is how she looked out on the road today!

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

looks good !!!
    Very rideable, issues sorted out !

… but, what about your seat lock?
    Can’t see it ?!?

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this