Tango’s B1 update.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Tango’s B1 update.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Argggg! My fault Michael. He borrowed one from me while I made him one. The job is still outstanding. Now my bike is ready I can look at it again for him

Michael
    Participant

;-)))

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Having you around is worse than being married at times :hammer: 😡 👿

Tango
    Participant

Ha Ha!:-)

Its a stelth lock Michael! It’s there doing a job but you carnt see it! 🙂

dougyt
    Participant

KK and outstanding work don’t usually go together in a sentence.

Tango
    Participant

Well KK has set the bar high with his efforts on his bike!

So I have to try and get my little finishing touches done and dusted before we go on the international meet.

1) Sort oil leak from the starter motor seal.
    2) Remove Exhaust
    3) Drop the oil and remove sump to check oil pickup on the oil pump is clear, & sort a new gasket as I had a small leak on the sump pan.
    4) Fit a rear braided brake hose
    5) Look at front brake line down to the switch it is a little to long & loops back on its self.
    6) Add new fluid and bleed all the brakes.
    7) Fit new Exhaust Down pipes & Rear Sections.
    8) Oil & Filter change
    9) Touch up some scratches in my paint That I’ve scratched with all the constant messing about with taking the body work on & off!
    10) Finish the rear wheels spokes on the Mag Wheel to match the front & fit a new rear tyre.

Once I’ve got those jobs done and some more test miles ridden, I will be good to go! 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Looks a big list Tango but most of that relates and can be done in a day. Now stop typing and get your finger out!!!

Tango
    Participant

😳 Ok

It’s Not raining but there is a good Chill in the air!

But I’ve started!

Dropped the oil and removed the exhaust!

Tango
    Participant

Starter Motor seal is done I hope? Guess I will have to wait and see on that?

I’ve done the oil filter change with New gasket!

And im just swapping the front sprocket as I had a 16 tooth on the bike, so I am putting a standard 17 tooth front to go with the 38 tooth rear.

Tango
    Participant

As you can see there is quite a big size difference for just one tooth!

It looks a bit tight when fitted! But it fits and it is what the bike is ment to have. So it must be ok?

Tango
    Participant

Front sprocket fitted and washer bent & locked in place.

Sump also dropped and checked, some dirt on oil pump gauze but nothing major.

Tango
    Participant

May as well fit a nice new sump pan while I have one! 🙂

There were bits of stuff in the old pan looked like bits of old gasket, & what looks like fibers of some sort?
    But no bits of metal? The odd little bit but I’d say that was normal?

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

good progress 🙂

If you want to replace the O-ring from the starter motor, you have to remove alternator cover as well.
    Small sprocket can only be fitted when cover is removed !

Don’t fill in the motor oil as long as you haven’t replaced that O-ring.

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Yes Michael I have learnt that lesson already! lol I seem to be going around in circles at the minuet! 😳

I stripped the whole left side off!

Removed the starter and swapped the small rubber o ring on the end of the starter motor, and then refitted the starter to the bike, located the small cog back onto the end of the starter, and then refitted the cover back in place.

I have just finished putting the sump cover back on the bike, and made sure All of the bolts are nipped up before I refit the exhaust at some point! I believe that was my problem with the leaking gasket in the first place! 😳 🙄

I think I may get one of those Sump plugs with a magnet on? Has anybody used them, are they any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-Z-750-B-Twin-KZ750B-1976-Magnetic-Oil-Drain-Plug-Bolt-/110944967229?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item19d4d5da3d

Tango
    Participant

Well not a respray But it will do for now!

I had two scratches and a chip on the tank and a chip and scratch on the side panel!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this