Tango’s B1 update.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Tango’s B1 update.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Tango
    Participant

I was feeling that the Exhaust looks a little Long!

But the Original looks about the same kind of length?, just maybe at a little more of an upward angle?

Tango
    Participant

Yes Michael todays photo is a poor one! It was getting to dark to take a good photograph!

No The Fins on the engine are not cleaned off. 🙁

😕 What between you and KK I’ve got my work cut out Keeping you Guys happy! You pair of Slave Drivers! 😆

I will take a look at that!

But with All the work I get done and these little Tips you keep giving me, I’m hoping I will have a Bike that will be good enough to be
    admired and be proud of! 😉

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Your right Tango. I had wondered if they were too long but I think you have just convinced me. Now go file your fins 😀 😡

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

your bike is well done now !
    My hint is just for the optic.
    And we all wanna look good, he ya ?

There are so many different exhausts out there, long ones and short ones. At least it is a well respected 2-in-2 kind of exhaust at a B.
    Don’t worry about that.
    Keep it for MOT and find an open slash cut 🙂 ROFL

Ahhh, even better one:
    Get it running with downtubes only.
    That is fascinating, but very loud stuff. Enjoy it 🙂
    Be happy to fit the exhausts again and enjoy the quiet ride and peace with your neighbourhood :-)))

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

😮 No End Silencers! Michael you are a Bad Influence! 👿

I must admit The look of your engine Michael in your previous photograph is fantastic!

I think I may have a Go at that clean edge to the Cooling Fins, but I very much doubt I will get them to the standard yours are at!

😕 🙁

But I have plenty of time to perfect them each time the bike gets cleaned in the future 🙂

And Are your engine cases Polished or Chromed? 😮 😥 That looks like a Lot! of work to get them like that!

Tango
    Participant

Well I got finished with work early yesterday as I was on a course. 🙂

So I called into Zpower on my way home. Opps £… 😀

I noticed one of my shocks had a leak when I fitted the rear wheel after having my new tyre put on.

So after a chat with the guys in Zpower I set off home with a New Pair of shocks tucked under my arm, a New pair of Front foot rests & what do you need if you have new front foot rests, Yep your quite right! .. a New pair of Rear Foot rests! 😀

So that’s this weekend’s jobs sorted! 😉

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

your bike is getting better and better 🙂

Cleaning the fins:
    Be aware not to remove the black colour in between the fins. Needs to be a clear defined flat line at the edge for best result 🙂

All fins at cylinder head have same length and can be filed and sanded easily.
    You may start with cylinder head fins only.
    The fins at the cylinder have different length, the upper ones being “longer” than the lower ones.

Motor covers of “The Black Lady” are chromed. This chrome was applied at least 25 years ago !
    Still in fair condition (except the cylinder head cover).
    Chroming was already done when my uncle bought that bike. I bought it from my uncle. He has a Twin (LTD Y2) again and will be in Belgium as well 🙂

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Well Yesterday I didn’t do anything on my bike, Other than change a weeping bleed nipple.

So as there was no sign of a leak on the bleed nipple this morning. I decided to give the bike a test run with the new exhaust on.

OMG… 🙂

She sounds Great! and I’m not sure but the bike felt smoother, Less rushed. She felt great just Burbling along in 4th gear.

This is a photo of one of the silencers, it has a sticker on that makes me think its an American exhaust? … Not that I care much as it sounds Awesome! 🙂

Tango
    Participant

Thanks to KK & his beating Stick!
    I also managed to fit my New Shock Absorbers that I bought from Zpower.

These units were 20mm Taller than the standard ones as I wanted the bike raised a fraction.

She now feels better and Looks better to!

Also had a second opinion on a couple of thinks I thought could be issues! But I’m assured they are fine! So now with my chain adjusted spot on. The Bike Runs Sounds and Rides Great!

Another Good Weekend and a couple more steps in the right direction!:-)

Tango
    Participant

Now I have fitted the New Shock Absorbers. I had a quick test fit of the luggage that will be used for the International Meet. 🙂

It was only placed on, but I can’t see that I will have any problems? It seemed to fit quite well;-)

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

looks good !!!
    Ready for travel 🙂
    I like longer rear shock absorbers 🙂
    Now as I can see the end cap of the exhaust, I have heard this type of “silencers” before and they sound very good !

Packing hint:
    Place only leightweight stuff (clothing, sleeping bag, etc.) in the “Top Case” not to irritate steering conditions to much.
    Use one large or two or even three small additional weather proof roll(s) with heavy items on the passengers seat.
    When doing so, don’t place any hard items close to your back.
    Place something soft to that side of the bag, eg. a foam mat. That will allow you to enjoy, used as a kind of back rest ;-)))

Will you use a tank bag as well ?
    I would recommend it.

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Yes Michael

I have a Tank Bag in the same make and I keep all of my gear that I want to keep to hand.

Camera, Visor Cleaner, Sun Glasses and Cap to keep the Sun off when my helmet is off. ect ect …:-)

Michael
    Participant

… bottle of water …

Tango
    Participant

Yep you got it Micheal 😉

Im a little Bad sometimes when I’m on Long rides as I ride with earphones in listening to music, normally put my iPod in the map pocket so I can pause it when I stop!

I don’t have music on loud, I like to still hear the bike, and any sirens of emergency vehicles! But I find music keeps me going 🙂

Tango
    Participant

I have fitted my new rear foot pegs now, and I have made the exhaust brackets, very roughly but they look good enough and they will be fine for the trip. I have also raised the position of the silencers on both side. This now means that I can get to my rear axel and remove it without having to remove one side of the exhaust now. 😉

So just the front missing stud & new foot rests to fit with new rubber mounts and I’m ready to rock and roll!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this