Battery?/Charging Problem?

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage How To Fix It Battery?/Charging Problem?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Tango
    Participant

Oh It Shouldn’t be Ill go check it!

Ok it should work now? 😳

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It’s just worked for me so hopefully you’ve fixed it

Michael
    Participant

Great, now it works 😉

Starts like it should !
    That’s good !

Cheers, Michael

dougyt
    Participant

Glad you got there in the end Tango. And you managed it even with KK’s help which makes it that much more of an achievement 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Right Tango another job for us but it’s a big one. Can we get Dougyt to work? Do you like a challenge?

Tango
    Participant

I Feel I will be needing Dougyt for this next problem?

The small problem of the bike not charging the battery!

Sorry in Advance to you to KK! I feel very out of my depth!

dougyt
    Participant

Willing to help but a long way away here. And I don’t have a passport to go oop Norf …

Tango
    Participant

Ha Ha … Im very good at doing as im told!

Any Chance I could get a photo of a B1’s Main leads to the battery?

The Earth and power leads of MY rectifier don’t go direct to the battery on mine? Should they?

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

I may take a photo of a B2 Plus main cable. Will do it this weekend.
    That cable has a “Twin” cable inlet (double round connector) where the Plus of the rectifier should be plugged in. The second plug in there should go to the fuse box (main fuse). Cable should be larger diameter than the other cables and be mostly white, indicated with an other colour.

The minus cable should go straight from battery down to a M6 screw in the right hand side upper motor case. It is above the kick starter, below upper rear motor holder, close to / behind rear brake light switch 🙂
    I use to add an additional cable connection to the frame, to ensure the frame is properly connected to Minus. An electrical installation guideline (related to 230V AC in Germany) doesn’t allow to use mechanical connections as electrical connections as well.

In original condition the minus of the alternator and the battery are in the motor case and this is just connected via mechanical connections to the frame. Typically that works 🙂 I use an additional electrical connection as described above.

Cheers, Michael

Not sure about the minus of your rectifier. Maybe just a connection to frame (Minus) is required.

Tango
    Participant

Michael that would be great if you could. Just so I get an idea on how it should look?

I am going to get the Bike built up so it can be used again this weekend, and then I can see if I can start getting an idea on what’s happening on the charging issue?

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

just stepped out into the garage.
    Picture quality is bad, sorry.
    Hope you can recognise it 🙂
    Be aware, not all components are in place where they should be !

May do some pictures again tomorrow, but you want to have a ride and may need the information right now 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

the rectifier has a multiple connector, one white and one black cable.
    Multiple connector fits into matching connector.
    Black cable fits into cable coming from wiring harness
    White cable directly plugs into connector at battery plus cable (dual single pin connector)

Cheers, Michael

part number may have changed to 21066-027

Tango
    Participant

Hi Michael

That is a Great Help Thank you Very Much for that.

I will be able to have a look tomorrow now, as long as my Wife doesn’t make me go shopping

Tango
    Participant

🙂 My Wife has gone to the hair dressers

So I have managed to go on YouTube and look up How to check a stator.

So I have set my multimeter to Ohms (the little horse shoe symbol)
    and set it to its lowest setting.

Tango
    Participant

I then tested each of the 3 pins of the 3 yellow wires coming up into the 3 block connector from the Stator/Generator in the left hand side case.

Black on the single pin and then took a reading with the Red on each of the other two pins.

and then I put Black on one of the two pins and Red on the single pin.

So all three pins where checked!

I got .001 on all three pins

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this