Hi from Karl

Home Forums New Member Introductions Hi from Karl

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Karl
    Participant

Morning

Yes mate fingers crossed would be a major sense of humour test if it went bang! Finally got frame back.from the powder coaters good job but they overcharged me (in my opinion) for the wheel rim and hub. I wasn’t happy with the frame first time around so took it back and they agreed to do it again free of charge.  Took forever and then they charged me nearly as much for the wheel as the frame. Live and learn, wont be using them again. Next job will be make some engine mounts up and get it in without too much damage to the power coat.

Karl
    Participant

Morning

A little progress, made engine mounting hardware with the help of my new 1948 lathe and got the engine fitted. Carbs cleaned and fitted with new intake rubbers. Still a lot to do and not enough garage time and other things in the go but i feel like I have turned a corner now, putting things together instead of pulling them apart.

Karl

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is good progress. When I look at how it was when you bought it I can hardly believe what you have achieved. She is starting to look like a decent bike again.

Karl
    Participant

Hi Andy

Not posted for a while, not been well,  still in hospital and will be for a good while yet. Hope to get on with the kawasaki when I get home again  good therapy!

Karl

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Karl

Sorry but somehow I missed this. Hope all is well with you.

Have you managed to get to your twin again?

Andy

Karl
    Participant

No mate it was an auto immune thing, guillain barre syndrome, now listed as a possible side effect of the astra zenika jab, which i had. Best part of 7 months in hospital i was paralysed in icu for some of it. I am back home now on crutches and getting some physio, will be long job but getting back in the workshop is the short term aim and back riding maybe next year. Just seen Facebook post for z750 day hope it goes well

Karl

Jimi5150
    Participant

We’re all rooting for you Karl wishing you a full recovery.  Best wishes to you and your family.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is quite shocking news Karl. I do wish you a speedy return to health and all the best wishes for your family. Stay strong pal.
    It’s such a shame you won’t be there mate but I will raise a glass to you. There is a possible 14 twins going which will be by far the biggest gathering in the UK. I do hope to do it again and that time you will come 👍

coleighf
    Participant

Get well soon Karl. About time for some better luck, fingers crossed.

Karl
    Participant

Thanks all for the kind words.

I have made quite a bit of progress but still a long way to go, I have been back in the garage doing a bit most days on the kawasaki, good physio, it’s  biggest part done now but i have come up against something odd today, I can’t get the front sproket tab washer on? There are no splines protruding once the sprocket is on the outputshaft. Its the same sproket that was on it when i got the bike, a bit worn but I want to see how it pulls before ordering a new one, the rear wheel is xs650 and has a much smaller sproket. It’s just locktited on for now. See pics

Karl
    Participant

Afternoon all made quite a bit of progress, my mate currently has the bike and is wiring it up for me, it now runs but the starter is goosed and it’s not charging. Anyone got a usable starter for sale?

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this