I’ve Started

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Andy,

well done !

Maria went to bike registation office today and now we have a 750Twin riding lady with us 🙂

Wonna know the number plate ?
    FDB ZY 82

FDB (we can’t change that, it is our area code first) and than:
    ZY 82

It is a perfect match as she has a Z750Twin, Y1, built 1982 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That’s good news too Michael. I am sending off the papers now to get my new plate registered to my bike.

Its all happening now 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Went down to the garage today but didn’t work on the bike, I tidied up. I did notice a slight weep on the brake master cylinder though 🙁

Hopefully not a big problem

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well with Tango’s twin now running fine I can get back on to finishing mine off. I did manage to adjust the replacement seat so it fits and closes properly. Not much of a job but another off the list of things to do.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Drilled and tapped the bosses on the master cylinders tonight. Mirrors are now fitted.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Managed to pick up a set of front footpeg Mounting Rubbers and a set of Handlebar mounting rubbers today. I was surprised they are still available. Also got the front wheel cover from a Y model that fits on the right hand side of the wheel when twin discs are fitted so happy days there.

Also got a full set of spokes for the front wheel for £35. Rear wheel sets should be available in the next couple of months at around the same price.

All the above courtesy of Zpower and will keep me busy for another few hours

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

MMM i’ve an errrr unexpected afternoon off so as I’ve picked up some more bits today I think it would be only rude to not get out there and tinker.

See you all soon

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Made and fettled nosecone brackets. All fitted up properly. Have dismantled it and sprayed brackets. Rubbers fitted to cone and headlight bracket stiffened up so should be a simple assembly tomorrow. Once that is done I will post some pics before giving her a thorough clean and polish

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Removed clocks today to redo mounting rubbers and sort oil pressure light. Bulb hadn’t gone as suspected, it was a broken wire so fitted a spare.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Here she is boys

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Some more shots

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

She is looking like I want her to now. Still got work to do. Rebuilding a pair of wheels with new spokes and tyres, fitting best indicator lenses, clean and polish. Going to try slash cut exhausts and maybe wrap the downpipes.

Apart from that I think she is ready 😀

Bolton440
    Participant

Awesome job, very very nice. You have done a great job on this bike mate.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Cheers buddy. Long time no speak/post. I am out and about on the twin tomorrow with Tango. We may pop in for a brew

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Got adaptors for the exhausts today so hopefully I can fit the slash cuts in the morning before my rideout 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this