I’ve Started

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Tango
    Participant

Well I can say It is looking Good Guys.

I Went and borrowed some bits off KK earlier, for fixing my starter motor tomorrow!

And I got a Sneaky Peak at Andy’s handy work!

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

all that sounds good 🙂
    Looking forwards to the outcome.

Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Be patient my children

dougyt
    Participant

I know what’s wrong with the bike. KK.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Didn’t you have a similar problem with yours Dougyt? Seem to remember the irony as they tried to find a bigger tool to remove the tool that caused the problem and sadly failed 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Priced respoking today. OUCH!

To strip the wheels, blast and spray the hub and replace all spokes with Stainless – £142 Each wheel. It is £16 less each wheel if you use galvanised spokes.

I am going to check the condition of the wheels on my New Mexico import. Chrome looks fine and fingers crossed the spokes just need tidying up.

dougyt
    Participant

Indicators on my bike did flash at a different rate due to a blown idiot bulb. And I think they should have 25 watt indicator bulbs as the standard 21 watts used by most cars isn’t enough draw to make the bi-metallic strip heat up in the flasher unit

Michael
    Participant

Never seen 25 W bulbs that will fit.
    In the end the flasher relais should be that modern, that it can cope with any kind of indicator light/bulb/LED. Coming from 25W/21W over to 10W (which is a laugh) down to LED indicators with approx 2 W.
    Here are modern flasher relais in the market that go from 1 W to 200 W. Not the cheapest ones but never any huzzle with that again 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The bulbs are correctly 21W in the right indicators so a bit more investigation is required there.

I have managed to refurb one of my CSR front wheels tonight and its come up Quite nice and is certainly good enough for the MOT. Changed over the tyre and fitted the discs. Will fit the wheel in the morning.

I feel so close now but doubt I will be ready to test tommorrow

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Done some more today (as well as being a twin deciple lol). Fitted the refurbed front wheel and brakes, speedo etc are all fine and in line with the MOT. Indicators now working fine. The problem was a 15 Watt bulb (previous post incorrect). Changed it to a 21 Watt and all is well.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Here is a little sneak preview

dougyt
    Participant

Looking good.

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

having the CSR wheel with dual disc brakes looks very good !

Will you use a CSR rear wheel ?

Looking forward to our meeting to see and feel the steering bar and the fairing 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yes Michael I will be using matching CSR wheels. Sitting on the bike feels very comfy and relaxed. I just hope she rides as good as she feels. Time will tell.

I am hoping to get her tested by next weekend.

Michael
    Participant

Aaaaah, next weekend …

Neither Jekyll or Hyde nor the Dirtbike will work next weekend.

Maybe week after next week 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this