Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Marko

Are you looking for a garb rail/sissy bar for George?

Marko
    Participant

Hi KK,

I was thinking about getting a grab bar, but low one, not with back rest. But first I need to get a saddlebag supports and I am looking at those of a W650/W800. I think those should fit, maybe with slight modification. Has anyone try this before?

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

No I do not have any experience with the W650/800 pannier rails I am afraid. I have a rear carrier on my CSR with pannier rails built in. Very handy and useful and not bad looking either IMHO. Before I bought that I used panniers without rails and did not have any issues. That is soft panniers not rigid ones. Which type are you thinking of?

Marko
    Participant

I was thinking of buying something like that: http://www.louis.de/_40501be23e065c955a4b332f48fd244a98/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10024186

Maybe not those exactly, but I would prefer narrower saddlebags, because I think they would look better, although they may not be so useful.

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Those look ideal Marko. If you fit them over the top of the pillion seat as opposed to underneath then I do not feel you will need pannier rails as the seat will hold them apart. I have a grab rail I can probably spare if interested

Marko
    Participant

KK, thank you for the offer, I am still not sure whether grab rail would look good or not, I think I will wait until I see some other bikes in Belgium.

Yesterday I bought on eBay auction pannier rails for W650/W800 for a fair price, so I will let you know how/if they fit.

And last but not least, yesterday I finally had some time for riding and after fitting new air filter, the difference in surprisingly noticeable. It feels like George has more power, runs better and also fuel consumption is 1 liter/100km lower! I guess the old filter was really bad, so I am very happy with the new one 🙂

Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

the story about the new airfilter sounds good.
    Especially when having a long ride ahead 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Personally Marko I prefer with a grab rail. The only reason I haven’t got one on mine is because of my carrier.

Yes Michael I agree. A clean filter works wonders

Marko
    Participant

Yes, it seems that filter really needed to be replaced and I am quite dissapointed that the mechanic at service last year didnt’t do that.

Here are a couple of photos from Sunday, you can clearly see that I really need somethnig for the luggage!

Marko
    Participant

Today I received saddlebag supports for W650/800 and here you can see the result. To be honest, they do not really fit perfectly. I had to drill a new hole in the bracket on the frame and than fit them behind this brackets to get them parallel on both ends. At the end, I’m quite pleased with the result, and anyway, the bags will cover everything!

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

They look pretty OK to me Marko. Quite impressive

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

that will be a good Support for a pair of saddle bags !

Best way is to fix them under the seat / bench. That will allow to open the seat without removing the bags.
    Might be a bit of testing and trying and some time to get the Connection Piece into shape.

Right Hand side:
    Top of bag should be below the open seat or expressed other way round, you should open the seat and then fix the top of the bag right below that. Left Hand side adjusted to same height.

Hopefully the bags don#t touch the exhaust. Bags will not withstand that for Long. Plastic ones are ruined after one ride, leather bags will stand some time but you should avoid that.

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Thanks for the tips Michael. My plan is to get reasonably small saddlebags, so they shouldn’t be touching the exhausts. I need them mostly to carry my camera and some extra clothes. I will of course need some additional luggage room for the trip to Belgium, but I intend to put that in a bigger bag on the passenger seat – and hopefully it will stay there 🙂

I plan to go to another meeting in May, which will be a nice practice for me and the bike for Twin meeting. It will be also in a camp (in Slovenia) and it is an annual meeting of Slovene Veterinarians – Bikers, the club is called (in translation) Moto Cavalry.

Cheers, Marko

Marko
    Participant

Hello,

we had a beautiful day today, so I went for a bit longer ride. I made around 280 km, from the seaside to the Alps and then to Ljubljana. I was (pleasantly) surprised with the fuel consumption, which was just a little bit more than 5 liters/100 km.
    Here are some photos from Planica, which was my last stop. This is a ski-jumping center, and in the background you can see the largest ski jumping hill in Slovenia (and second in the world), which is currently being renovated – to be the largest in the world of course! Jumpers should fly up to 270 meters!

You can also see my new saddlebags, they are a bit too “chopper” style for my taste, but I couldn’t find any others of the right size. And on the last two “before and after” photos, you can see the result of one hour work – I painted the surrounding of Kawasaki logo (on both sides).

Cheers, Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

your bike is looking better and better each time we can see new pictures 🙂

You may want to swap the different motor cover screws to Allen head screws [german: Inbus] in stainless steel ?

There are full sets available for below 20,- Euros plus PP here in Germany ?
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Motorschraubensatz-Inbus-V2A-Z-750-B-LTD-BD-Z750-Twin-/190483973253?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item2c59bac485

I already have used them and I like them 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this