B1 Project Started.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects B1 Project Started.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Isn’t the bottom one bigger than the top one?

Tango
    Participant

I had to go and check then!…No its just camera angle! 👿

Well Ive moved the horn, I have actually looked through my parts and found the original horn and bracket, after Michael told me what it looked like and where it was fitted. Ive fitted the horn I had on in its proper place on the frame now,But there is a snapped stud in one of the holes,so I can’t refit the original horn yet!

The indicators on the front of the bike were the US twin filament bulb type! I wasn’t happy with them,they seamed dimmer? So I have swapped the bulb holders out for standard UK spec ones, and that seams to have made them much better!

Ive also fitted the side panel badges to the panels now,and Ive lacquered in my sticker that I got for inside the rear tail piece. 😉

Tango
    Participant

I have a fully working electrical system now,including a starter button. Just need a good battery now,ive been working with a duff one just to get the electrics in order.

Tango-kawasaki-z750-project

Tango
    Participant

and all the body work, just waiting to go back on once ive finished messing around with the bike finishing bits off?

Tango
    Participant

Ops! OK I have found a small set back. While I was doing the headlight, I could not undo the fork bottoms? When I have looked the nuts just spinning? I have got the nuts off the studs now by splitting them! But as you can see on the photo, The threads are gone!
    So I need to get some new studs in, What is the best way to get the old ones out of the legs?

Tango
    Participant

And the other side!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

We can get those out mate. I bit of local heat and a pair of stilsons will suffice 😀

Will try and source you new studs too.

As far as the rest of the work is concerned its a big well done from me. I can’t wait to see her finished and go out on the road

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

MMMM Are those my crimpers discarded on the floor like a rag doll?

Tango
    Participant

No I liked yours so much! I went and got myself some, Yours are on the worktop! 😎

Michael
    Participant
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have one very similar to the first you showed Michael. Mine fits a 1/2″ drive socket set. I have not seen the other 2 types before.

Cheers for that

Tango
    Participant

Yep Thanks guys.

I borrowed a tool just like the 1st one off a friend. And with a bit of local heat before attempting to remove the studs, They came free with a little care! :pint:

I have even ordered the new ones from the local Kawasaki Supplier with new Nuts to match. 😀 Due in on Thursday, So as long as I can get back from work I can have it sorted over the weekend.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Nice one mate. I can pick the studs up friday if you want. I finish earlier than you guaranteed 😀 😀 😀 😎 😆

Tango
    Participant

Cheers mate, I did cheat a little, I ordered them before I got the old ones out! I did it as I left work! 😕 (Well you said they would come out!)
    I think they were about

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,
    successful removal of studs is always like a little victory !
    Be proud !
    Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this