I’ve Started

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Nearly finished the nose cone today

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It just needs to be lacquered and polished 🙂

Michael
    Participant

That will change the look of your bike dramatically !!!

Looking forward to some pictures 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Me too Michael. The nose cone is now lacquered. I need to final flat and polish then fit. I have the metal to make brackets. I need to fit the cone as with now having the ‘T’ bars there is an ugly gap. The bonus is I will get some protection from it. As soon as this is fitted I will post some pics.

Tango
    Participant

😡 Tease!

Tango looks around the room for his whip!

Mush .. Mush .. KK Yar!! :hammer:

dougyt
    Participant

You two can get a private room for that Tango…

Michael
    Participant

… oh yeah !
    That room is upstairs in a bungalow.
    Just use the “Stairway to Heaven” 😉
    ROFL
    Cheers, Michael

philpassingham
    Participant

ooh look a gpz csr

Tango
    Participant

I May be the young Pup around here!

And I may Not have much Twin knowledge! But I have an Interest to learn

But I also have a Baseball Bat and No Ball to play with! So be warned you two! 😡 👿 🙄

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Cheers Tango but actually they may have a point you know. Your last post was post No 69. Spooky to say the least

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have managed a bit more tonight. I called in at an auto parts shop on my way home and bought some wire connectors (crimp on bullets and spades). Since I got home I have managed to wire up the front brake light switch and have also polished up the new nose cone. It isn’t perfect but is good enough to be seen in public. Tomorrow will hopefully see the rear brake light, clutch switch and front indicators wired. We could be on course for that weekend MOT 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Only a bit of progress tonight. The rear brake light switch (new switch and re wired) is now working and the clutch cut out switch is now wired up.

I do have a strange electrical issue though. I have wired up the indicators and the left side is fine. On the right both indicators light up and the idiot light comes on but they stay on constant and won’t flash. I am suspecting wrong wattage bulbs. Can’t think of anything else it could be 😕

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’ve had a bit of a setback tonight. Had another look at the front wheel setup. I am not happy with it. I have faffed about but can’t get the disc spacings and speedo drive right. I am going to have to revert back to CSR wheels but don’t have any good enough. Fingers crossed the spokes are solid and I can clean them up for now otherwise I am looking at a rather costly respoke.

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

may be miswired ?
    Connecting left hand side wrong way round still lets them flash but switching to right hand side the current is constantly flowing without the interuption of the flash impulse unit.
    Wrong wattage would lead to, in most cases, faster flash impulse, but still flashing.

Flash impulse unit often has 3 connections: PLUS, MINUS and “pulsed output”. You need to get that “pulsed output” to the middle of the winker indicator switch at the handle bar. That pulsed current will be switched to left or right hand winkers.

Or something like this 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yes Michael I agree totally with what you say. I have not looked at that side of the story simply because the indicators worked fine on both sides before I changed things. All I have changed on the indicators is the heads from the round CSR ones to the rectangular LTD ones so the rest of the circuit is the same and should work.

I have not checked the bulbs yet. My thoughts are as the battery is not fully charged that if the bulbs were higher wattage then they might be demanding more power than the battery can give at the moment. The right hand side bulbs do seem to be brighter and it is an easy cheap check. I’ve come in now so will check them tomorrow to be sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this