Transformation of “Jekyll ‘n’ Hide”

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Transformation of “Jekyll ‘n’ Hide”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

my JnH is transforming 😉
    Some parts of the Twin with central rear suspension have been moved to JnH. Both sides are going to be black gloss.
    The tires are worn, for repainting the wheels no extra attention was required. A new set of Bridgestone BT45 in “tubeless” version(matching the changed wheels), speed index “V” is already ordered. Approx. 250,- Euros per set incl. installation.
    In June I have to go to TUV / MOT and then I will get all the changes registered, hopefully 😉

Here some current pictures, still some work to do 🙂

Cheers, Michael

OK, will go in the garage to move on.
    The brakes and brake pipes need some more work 😉

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I do like the general look of this bike. Are you going to make any dramatic changes?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Michael can’t post at the moment but replied with this

“Hi KK,
    most dramatic change is the color ))

OK, there are new triple trees, front fork and dual disc brake, all from a Kawa Z750GP, 1982.
    Steel flex hoses.

Recessed foot peds (Tarozzi)
    rear brake master cylinder Honda CBR600RR)

Swing arm bearing tested, ok.
    New steering bearing installed
    All front brake callipers completely refurbished

Clip-ons, new speedometer, new headlights and mask/cover (KTM Duke)

New Bridgestone BT45 in tubeless version ordered.

Cheers, Michael”

Michael
    Participant

OK, here the next picture with the not finally connected exhaust.

@KK:

I was able to change the rear wheel bearings even with the special adapter rings 😉

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

next picture:

Michael
    Participant

testtesttest

Michael
    Participant

test

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,
    I love that bike. It is like a magnet 😉
    I want to ride that bike to the german Twin meeting this year, so deadline to finish all the stuff and getting the TÃœV / MOT approval is 20. June 2013, which is indeed my birthday ;-)))
    Just in case you want so see some more pictures, here we go:

Michael
    Participant

downpipes

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

There is something I really like about this bike. Can’t quite put my finger on it

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

yesterday I have finished the electrical components. All lights are working, except control lights indicating high beam, neutral, turn, etc.

Spent an aweful lot of time with optimising the cable run around the steering head. Moving the steering bar – and all the front components of course – from steering stop to steering stop ends with a smooth movement and a good sound like “pock” ;-)))

Today I made the rear master brake cylinder adapter in aluminium.

Started the machine up and after some attempts by electric starter it fired up. It is not running fine, have to check the carburetors, which is peanuts 😉
    The exhaust is still not finished, so the sound was great ;-)))

I am now using SAE20W50 motoroil.
    It immediately seems to run much smoother than the years before with SAE15W40 oil.

17 days left to finish!

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Sounding good Michael and seems you will have just enough time to finish her.

Interesting choice of oil. I use 15W40 semi synthetic in mine but I do get a touch of clutch slip when under high torque. Is the one you have used semi synthetic or just normal?Let us know how that performs.

Cheers

KK 😎

Michael
    Participant

Hi there,

today evening my neighbour put a welding point to the 2-in-1 exhaust joint while fixed to the bike. Tomorrow I can bring that piece to a guy who has an advanced welding maschine to finish it.

Have to fix the carb issue when the exhaust is finished.

My date at the TÃœV / MOT is fixed for 19th June, 7:30am, paahh!
    That is close to middle of the night 😉

Two further steel flex brake hoses (TRW Lucas Varioflex) have arrived, so I can finish the brakes this weekend 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Your still on course then.

Stop typing and work hard 😆 😆 😆

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesometwins!
    The 2-in-1 exhaust joint was welded and I picked it up today. There is even a heat resistant paint in “transparent” colour applied to the welding. That should help against rust 😉
    “The Black Lady” received a pair of new BT45, tubes and rim bands(?) for spoked wheels. So we may go with two Twins in black/chrome/aluminium finish and almost best technical condition to the upcoming german Z750Twin meeting 😉
    Will keep you updated.
    Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this