Transformation of “Jekyll ‘n’ Hide”

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Transformation of “Jekyll ‘n’ Hide”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

The black lady. Mmm I like that or lady in black?

Is this her song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aaj0tzp0pQ

Keep up the good work Michael it sounds like your doing well 🙂

Michael
    Participant

Very good choice !

The german music rights association doesn’t allow to play that music/video, but I know that song and I like it very much ;-)))

Here the latest pictures of “The Black Lady” with new tires:

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

today I managed to have the first test ride with Ex-JnH ;-)))
    It was fabulous!
    I made some sound test, even without an end silencer 😉
    Brrrrhhh, that sounds crude!
    Every Harley can step away when a 750Twin is running without a silencer ;-)))
    Idle speed can be set very low, it sound reminds me of old tractors !
    The new exhaust is not to loud but still get some sound out of it.
    We will see at the TÃœV / MOT what the sound level is like (legal / illegal?)

Have fun!
    Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

todays photos of JnH:
    Exhaust system is ready installed, the holder should be changed to be parallel with rear suspension.

Michael
    Participant

one picture were “The Black Lady” and “Jekyll or Hyde” are together 😉

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That song is one of my favourite songs.

She is looking very very nice Michael. Well done to you. I do not like the see through cover on the engine though. Question. Are your carbs anodised green?

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,
    thank you!
    That is the Twin that started my Twin fever 😉

Regards to “Jekyll or Hyde”:
    The carbs are painted, not anodised.
    I can’t find the english word, in german it is called “Hammerschlaglack”.
    Some of mechanical maschines are painted in that kind of colour.
    Often in blue, some are green, other colours available.
    I know that this carb casing is not nice looking, but I know that it is working and has the Dynojet Stage 3 kit installed 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I thought the carbs looked okay green but it is a photo. That is what we call hammerite.

I also have a set of carbs with stage 3 jets 😀 . Bring on the rebuild

Tango
    Participant

Well I have just sat and read this post start to finish.

Great Job there Michael.

“The Black Lady” looks Stunning!

you have inspired me to get back on with mine, so I to can have that great test ride feeling! I am sad to say I have still not yet ridden a 750 Twin!

Michael
    Participant

It was an excellent ride for about 800 km with new “Jekyll or Hyde” to the german Twin meeting.

The TÃœV/MOT examination at 19. June included the sound test with K+N filters and the new exhaust. The tester stated that it is “about” in the limits. Now the exhaust and the other components like clip-ons, recessed footpegs, lamp cover, fork and front brake of GPZ750 (four cyl., 1982) are registered and legal for street use 😉

I had to change the seat and the rear covers before going to TÃœV, as I found the new seating position doesn’t allow the use of the former JnH stuff.
    So I took the stuff of a complete (but not running!) Kawasaki EL250 “Eliminator”, modified that and fixed it to the bike.
    I don’t have photographs of that condition, but had to change that immediately after TÃœV to have a baggage carrier. I removed the rear cover and replaced it with a wooden construction, this time painted black. I only had a few hours to prepare that carrier and attached is the result:

Will swap that back to the nice cover in the next days, clean the bike, polish it and then I can do some more Photos 😉

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

OK, I see that you can’t see anything of the seat and rear components.
    I just stepped out in the cold and rainy darkness to make a photograph.
    Here we go:

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hey Michael

Welcome back mate. Did you have a good weekend? The bike is looking good and well done for having it ready in time. Did she ride well?

Looking forward to see more pics of bike and indeed some from your German meeting.

KK

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

yes, the weekend was brilliant !!!
    Sometimes sunny, sometimes cloudy.
    Only very little rain on the way to the meeting (approx. 350km).
    During the meeting we had a heavy rain shower on Thursday evening for about one hour. We rested save in the Rahnenhof restaurant.
    On the way back the last 40 km were very wet.

JoH is a driving maschine!
    It wants to have some revs for best performance, at around 5.000 rpm it is that strong that the clutch is starting to slip.
    Frame geometry of a B-frame with the changed front fork, KONIs in the back and new BT45s, fabulous!!!
    There is a very small tendency of shimmy effect when having no hand at the steering bar(s) and baggage on the rear carrier. Without baggage that effect doesn’t appear.

I have lost my “Throttle Rocker” after about 60km and there is a little metallic noise from the front fork. Have to find out what that is.
    In addition the steering bearing needs a new, slightly firmer adjustment.

I am very happy that JoH is running like that 😉
    It consumed approx 4.5 – 5 ltr/ 100km and almost no motor oil.
    On some of the last kilometers to home I did the ton (100mph/160kph)on the “Autobahn” = highway 😉

During the next weeks, months and years I can do the finish with nice rear parts, improved seat upholstery (?), some nice painting, powder coating and polishing 😉
    JoH should be a good looking bike but it is made to be used, not as a showroom maschine.

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

the story goes on 🙂

After 1.000 or 2.000 delicious kilometers with “JoH” this year I decided to spend 80,- Euros and to order a new rear fairing.
    As always these parts need to be adopted individually to the bike.
    Attached the first impressions after removing the old rear fairing and very small adjustments to the new one. An LTD side cover is also engaged:-)

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

2 very different options there Michael. I like both but i am not sure which is my favourite

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this