Transformation of “Jekyll ‘n’ Hide”

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Transformation of “Jekyll ‘n’ Hide”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

the parts as shown on picture 1 are TÜV/MOT approved and are gone into a parcel, saved in the storage location and I can mount it again.
    The appearance in picture 3 and 4 is much more slim and “Caferacer” like.
    I want to see the frame tubes and to have the gap above the most outer rear frame. It is shortened and has new fixing points for mudguard, rear light, etc.
    That was changed by someone before I bought the frame.

Will go for that one.
    Some more changes to do.
    It is so nice, uuuhhhuuhhuu 😉

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

just to keep you updated 😉
    Under construction !
    The picture of the seat is not mine, it is a sample how it can be done 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Now that is looking good. The curves on the seat hump match the tank curves. Keep it going Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

I was working on “Jekyll or Hyde” and here are some updates:

Have new handle bar switch units (Honda VFR750F) and plans to re-wire the whole electric.

Found a rear master brake cylinder that can be mounted at the inside of the frame (not outside as it is in the moment) and an “actuator” that transfers the force from the lever to the cylinder. Will post pictures when I am closer to finish that 😉

New rear lamp, checkered flag sticker and some ideas more 😉

As rewiring the electric already had started, I can not go with this bike this year. To compensate that, I gave a new muffler to me as a present 😉
    I have to finish severals works on this bike and the reward is to hear that new sound 😉

Have fun!
    Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Looking Good Michael

Bet she will sound awesome!

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

have mounted the exhaust system but have never ever heard it 😉

Changing the rear brake system is same additional mechanical work that I can not do on my own so I postponed that.

The electric stuff is still in work.

Here some pictures of this early stage:

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve brought JnH to a bike service station close to my home by a trailer.
    Reason was the change of the rear end mounting plate. The existing one was welded from under the frame tube and that caused some trouble and difficult mounting.
    That plate is removed completely and a new plate is welded from above the frame tube. Much cleaner and much easier to fix rear mudguard, number plate, etc.

After I have thought about fixing the rear fairing and the seat to it, the latest idea is to make all that stuff hinged and foldaway.
    Having the seat fixed to the fairing and using a hinge at the rear end, I can fold it up to the back, giving me full access to electric components and the battery.
    A single lock can be used to secure that in position. The seat should cover a small part of the fuel tank, so the sitting position with the clip-ons will be improved and the tank is secured as well 😉

A new mount was welded to the frame to support the exhaust mounting.

After some trial ‘n’ error with the front mudguard I have ordered the original Z750E one, which fits the Z750GP front fork that I use. It is a large one and will do a good job to keep the bike and motor clean. I am not sure about the look of that, but I like it in some way 😉

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Nice Michael

Keep up the good work.

Michael
    Participant

I’ve caught a cold 🙁
    Tomorrow full day business trip 🙁

Hope to go on with “JoH” this coming weekend.
    Need to test my new crimp tongs, a professional one 🙂
    I hate f…… around with bad tools.

Today I’ve bought a tool that can reset the pistons in the brake calipers when changing brake pads.
    My Maria’s “Thundercat” needs new brake pads and that is a fixed 4 opposing pistons caliper!
    Needed to have that tool :-Otherwise you may feel like “Sisyphus”. Pushing one piston in, another comes out and so on.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus

http://www.louis.de/_4086014504d5375ca4ee0dfbac9c325b6b/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10003009

Will post my final comment after having that tool used 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Ok Michael!

Thats Enough Time now! Even for Man Flu!

Where are you upto now! …. LoL

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Very fair comment Tango lol. I am waiting to hear about his new crimping gear.

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

I was on business trips for almost the last 2 weeks and had no time at all to move on with the bikes.

At least JoH is now back in my garage 🙂

Had to swap the cooler/heat exchanger at Maria’s Yamaha Thundercat first. That’s a #OOPS# and takes ages 🙁

My Honda VFR750 is ready as well.

The Dirtbike came into my way, as you know 🙂

Maria’s LTD Y1 has some bigger issues than expected and it is not only the starter motor.
    Need to get that sorted out.
    Will be in the garage today and tomorrow.

We will see …

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That sounds like a lot of work Michael. Which twin will you be bringing to Belgium?

Good luck and crack on 😀

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK!

Plan is to go with JoH 😉
    Maria will pick her Thundercat or maybe her “new” LTD Y1, which had the first run today 🙂
    Not driven yet, but now it starts easily via electric starter and internal battery. Pictures to come this evening 🙂

As it is not decided yet if we go by bikes or by car and trailer, I will bring the Dirtbike in the trailer as well.
    That is dependend on Marco’s decision if he want to come to our meeting as well and if wants a lift by trailer or if he will drive the other half way to Belgium.

I had already three bikes in that trailer but I doubt that four will fit in there.

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Sounds Good Michael!

What was wrong with the slow starter on Maria’s LTD Y1?

I would be interested in how and what fixed it, as Tuffdog is having a similar problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this